Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

120 amp fuse issues

martmart

Please can someone help me .

I was driving along went to overtake someone and donk gauges went off the windows stopped working etc .

I found the 120 amp fuse had blown I just replaced it and I connected the negative Battery terminal and pop it blew straight away the alternator is a month old the Battery is new I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it would do this its a gen 7 

Hi Martin,IMO its unlikely that it is the alternator that Is causing this issue after a new one was fitted a month ago.But Its still worth a check.Disconnect the alternator,remove all connections from it.reconnect the Battery and attach the negative terminal.Check the Fuse,If it doesn’t blow, the alternator might be at fault.Test the Alternator If the fuse is fine, have the alternator bench tested or check its output.Also look for any loose or damaged wires around it they may have been damaged when fitting the new alternator.😀

• Thanks 1

if it's a Chinese-rebuilt budget alternator it is more than likely that - because it's new doesn't mean it's good

tbh pay the extra for an Oem Denso, if the budget is tight buy used

Hi thank you for your replies I may have gone a little budget I went for the middle price so it's possible of course that it's just gone pop. I'll try testing it out I hope I discover in a way that the alternator has gone to ground as the wiring is a scary concept to paly with . 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links