Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Garage Fukui/pheonix Power Sw20

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Hey amigo's, Am trying to find pix of the Garage ********ui aka Pheonix Power MR2's. I pix of the front of one, to see what exactly the bonnet spoiler looks like, but unfortuntely, the Garage ********ui site is ALWAYS unavailable. I know, why spoil the sleek lines of the 2, but I like the bonet spoiler, as some of you may do too once you see what I am on about, if and when you find the pix. EXCITEMENT abound... hopefully me motor will be back in my hands by the wkend!! Hoorah.

im not trying to flame on anyones style, but imo, that is soooo ugly. if you want some downforce in the front, simply get canards or a front lips spoiler/splitter thing.

www.mr-2.com has loads of pics .. should be in everyones favorites I'd have thought.

people really add this to their mr2? i think its really ugly. i mean, canards and a front splitter is better. you dont see grand touring cars or cars in the jgtc with hood spoilers. i remember seeing those in a video game called tokyo extreme racer zero. i didnt know it was actually real..

The reason it works is because it's not a front engined touring car ..

Phonex power used to race them and it did keep the front down ..

They later did the Border/Elise style hood holes and rad kit ..

wouldnt canards act in the same manner? i guess though, if its all in the name of performance. i prefer something aesthetic as well as aerodynamic...

'Scuse my ignorance but what are 'canards', last I heard canard was French for duck - obviously you're not going to strap a couple of ducks to the front of your MR2 or are you? :P

'Scuse my ignorance but what are 'canards', last I heard canard was French for duck - obviously you're not going to strap a couple of ducks to the front of your MR2 or are you? :P

LOL i was thinking the same thing :wacko::lol:

thmb_photo_canard_celica1.jpgthmb_photo_canard_wrx2.jpgcanards.jpg

if u look at those things protruding out of the bumper, those are canards. they could be structured out of full carbon fiber or be aluminum with carbon fiber deposits. Canards increase front downforce at high speeds stabilizing the chassis during hard cornering. Found on many GT race cars, they allow you to customize your car front end downforce by either installing two flaps or creating maximum downforce with a full set of four canards. im not sure what theyre called over there, but these are canards. and with the aid of the aluminum splitter at the bottom of both bumpers, you have more downforce addin components. they have both style and function. :thumbsup:

Are they road legal?

They look like they might be a bit dangerous to pedestrians to me (not that I ever walk anywhere)

who cares .. you have pop up lights (with are now illegal on new cars)

I'm sure GT wings and the old Rolls Royce flying woman thing would be illegal too ..

you have pop up lights (with are now illegal on new cars)

I never knew that - just thought they'd gone out of fashion.

Cheers,

Adz.

believe it or not, but these pedestrian knee destroyers are street legal. i see a lot of autox people here have them. they dont really pop out that far. unless u are seriously 3 inches from the car, then it could probably do some damage. but they go out as wid as the rest of the body.

Canards aside, can I put one of those Garage ********ui bonnet spoilers onmy mototr then? Can't really seeing anyone willing to run into/onto the bonnet with one one, do you?? Gotta ask the MOT station 1st. Was thinking of hmaking it detachable neway, just in case get stopped by the party poopers!!

Pop up lights are ILLEGAL NOW, from several years back, cos of in an accident, the lights, if up, would do someone serious injury, thats why all the newer cars now have flushed/integral headlights now, i.e. Mazda MX5, Toyota MR-S, Supra, Celica and such like. The law came in several years back now.

There you go then. The way I see it, if you run into someone, then your probably going to deal out some pretty heavy damage anyway.

I suppose you could look at this as another bonus for owning an MR2 - it's limited in the sense that such lights arn't to be used on cars again.

Im sure the law says you cant have anything like that on your car.

same for bull bars etc...

You can still have Bull bars on, I have one on the jeep

You got those plasticy bull bars init? Cos I know for defo the old style steel ones are a no no.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links