Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Toyota CHR PHEV minor gripes

Louie

23 minutes ago, Louie said:

Hi Forkingabout  any idea what Toyota were after ?

Current C-HR owners opinions AFAIK 

3 hours ago, McSlasher said:

Hi all, new(ish) member here. I joined a few weeks back and have been following the comments about the new C-HR. We are due to take delivery of a new GR Sport 2.0 on a 74 plate. This will be the first Toyota, having owned two Volvo XC90s and presently an XC40 but with the children all grown up and owning their own cars, we thought that something smaller and hybrid was the way to go. 
I was encouraged by Louie’s post listing a number of grumbles but still endorsing the car with a score of 9 out of 10, so fingers crossed. 

Got my new GR Sport a couple of weeks ago - love it. Also my first Toyota but my wife has had 3 including her current car. The Safety Pack has 13 features and will take some getting used to and setting it up to my preferences but most default settings are fine. The User Guide and Navigation manuals are online but it could be worth getting hard copies from your dealer, as searching/scrolling through the online version is a pain.

Enjoy the car when it comes 👍

• Like 2

It’s interesting how several owners of the new CHR  have changed brands to buy one , maybe Toyota didn’t “totally screw up” with the new CHR and it’s doing what they wanted , attracting new customers to the marque, and retaining ones who wanted something different to the old CHR , accepting that the bold design wouldn’t suit everyone 🤔 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

It’s interesting how several owners of the new CHR  have changed brands to buy one , maybe Toyota didn’t “totally screw up” with the new CHR and it’s doing what they wanted , attracting new customers to the marque, and retaining ones who wanted something different to the old CHR , accepting that the bold design wouldn’t suit everyone 🤔 

It will be interesting what the sales figures are compared with the old model...i always think that when brokers are offering 8-9k off the list price it isn't either selling well or it's over priced.

It really would probably be the car for me with a few minor external changes(i love the interior)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MC1216 said:

It will be interesting what the sales figures are compared with the old model...i always think that when brokers are offering 8-9k off the list price it isn't either selling well or it's over priced.

It really would probably be the car for me with a few minor external changes(i love the interior)

I believe the biggest issue was that you couldn’t get a 2.0 version below the £40k threshold and a lot of folk aren’t or can’t afford to pay the extra VED 🤔 and no government is going to increase that threshold as the treasury has to get its money from somewhere 🤷‍♂️

Stuart if you don't enjoy your new acquisition  I will be growing a very long pointy nose and smoke will be  coming out of my ears.

Posted (edited)

Here are another three  albeit minor gripes which Toyota as a leading car manufacturer have fallen asleep on and appear to be just basic issues bless their little cotton socks. 

1. Why oh why can you not incorporate an emblem on the window opening/closing switches on the drivers door what on earth happened there. I sometimes have to glance quickly to make sure I am not opening the rear windows by accident.

I had a similar problem with my Excel and the fix was to stick small holographic labels to indicate which switches did what. I could use "feelorama" but not a good technique and partially dangerous in my opinion. 

2. The volume control on the steering wheel should have an arrow pointer for its push up or down at the very least very annoying.

3. When the climate control is initiated it is fairly obvious the AC is on yet the AC light switch does not turn which is a bit weird its not a big deal in my humble opinion but its  nevertheless  an omission.

However and this is a big however this car is still my favourite SUV PHEV of choice I  love driving it every day

IMG_3777~photo.JPG

IMG_3778~photo.JPG

IMG_3763~photo.JPG

Edited by Louie
mistake in wording

• 5 weeks later...

We have had our new C-HR for just over a week and initial thoughts are positive. I have only driven it once but my wife, who does most of the driving these days, really likes it. 
Our major gripe is the MyToyota app. For some reason it continually reverts to showing that the car is unlocked even though it is locked. Not great if it is parked up while away on holiday. Hopefully that will be sorted before too long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McSlasher said:

We have had our new C-HR for just over a week and initial thoughts are positive. I have only driven it once but my wife, who does most of the driving these days, really likes it. 
Our major gripe is the MyToyota app. For some reason it continually reverts to showing that the car is unlocked even though it is locked. Not great if it is parked up while away on holiday. Hopefully that will be sorted before too long. 

I’ve noticed it shows the last alert in the Vehicle Status logs - have a look at the most recent one and you will see the date/time it was created, but then it will go into a historical log when you next use the car. You can switch them off in the Notification Settings/Vehicle Alerts part of the app. It would probably be more useful if the last warning simply went into the historical log after viewing it and the warning triangle only appeared with a new alert 🤔

IMG_3233.jpeg

1. Why oh why can you not incorporate an emblem on the window opening/closing switches on the drivers door what on earth happened there. I sometimes have to glance quickly to make sure I am not opening the rear windows by accident.

I had a similar problem with my Excel and the fix was to stick small holographic labels to indicate which switches did what. I could use "feelorama" but not a good technique and partially dangerous in my opinion. 

Surely it’s more dangerous to take your eyes off the road even for a few seconds than to feel the switches with your fingers.

• Like 1

Hi Dezzer I have been down this road before an do not understand how a huge entity such as Toyota can get it wrong for the third time. Once, twice but a third time is inexcusable. The window button closing/opening scenario was present in my 2019 GR Sport Excel, in my 2023 Excel and its still here in my CHR Design PHEV just ridiculous.

I don't see why customers have to mess around with sticky labels to distinguish front from rear window closing operation on the driver side door. I have in the past stuck holographic labels on the controls but the driver should not really be glancing in any shape or form at these controls when on the move for obvious reasons. Feelorama only works if you can physically distinguish between the front and rear by using self-adhesive small raised door stickers used to prevent kitchen drawers slamming etc. I am about to try these. See uploaded image.

2024-09-18_21-21-06_863.jpeg

At least the first gen C-HR has the drivers window switch easily found by feel with the lowered touch part - no need to look & you can work out which switch is which window without looking.

PXL_20240921_155854256.jpg

On 8/19/2024 at 11:02 AM, MC1216 said:

I can only speak for July when I was new car shopping, but the levels of discount I was offered by Toyota for a new CH-R, Volvo for an XC40, VW for a Golf, Seat for an Ateca, KIA, Hyundai, Mazda, Honda…well, they were all competitive and all between 12-20% off list price.

The deciding factor for me wasn’t the deal - although it was keen and the part-ex on my Lexus RX was significantly better than elsewhere, including two brokers who wouldn’t quote and directed me to WBAC or Motorway - the deciding factor was actually the car. I preferred it to the other options I drove - and I drove all of them, and had offers too, but the CH-R was just the car that I thought drove best and felt like a quality option…and bear in mind I’m coming from a 2021 Lexus RX450h!

I hope it does well, but tbh I quite like the idea of a vehicle that is rarer to see on the road…

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links