Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Infotainment system still random synchronisation with Iphone

Louie

Cannot believe Toyota still have not fixed this really annoying problem. . After my CHR dealer set this up on day 1 it worked fine for a couple of days and now I am back to  square 1.

I had similar problems with my last two Corollas and sort of learnt to live with it.  When the dealer set my  iPhone up on my current  CHR he was asked on the Infotainment  screen to a scan a QR code and he did it successfully  in my presence, however  now the Infotainment is asking me to do this all over again grrrrrrrrr! 

I can get the system to work but not after a lot of flaffing around even though the system recognises my iPhone but nothing else so I have no Appleplay etc and if I press  the bluetooth option nothing happens. However if I play a song through my iPhone hey presto Appleplay suddenly  appears. The other weird thing is my Iphone bluetooth facility keeps turning itself  off just before I get into the car and I have noticed this repeatedly despite the  fact  I am not turning it off physically as I  use the bluetooth Iphone option at home  to play music through my home sound system. This used to happen mysteriously on my previous  Corollas

Does anyone know where I can get this QR code the system  keeps asking me  for as I cannot remember where the process the dealer went through.  Its time Toyota got their act together on this issue,  this is basic stuff lads.

Do you have the My Toyota App? If you haven’t already done it I’d recommend you go back to the dealer and get them to set it up so that you are the primary/main user. I did and I’ve not had any issues since and I don’t get the blue screens on start up 👍 the infotainment sees my iPhone and goes to Apple CarPlay after a couple of seconds 😊

• Like 1

Just paid a visit this PM to Lister's Boston and it all worked when the dealer tested it in front of me but when we stopped on the way home the spanner came out of the toolbox again weird or what. I  guess before I set off anywhere I have to start the car go inside the house and make a cup of tea then come back and drive off. The dealer did say I  lacked patience and have to wait  but I say time waits for no man.

• 4 weeks later...

We are now in Sept and i have now enjoyed my CHR PHEV for more than a month and every day  i take it on the road the drive gets smoother. However my little mechanical pet every now and then throws a wobbly with synchronising with my iPhone unless i stop the car and turn the ignition off then on. I keep asking it why but all it does is give me the middle finger. I am wondering what i can spoil my mechanical mistress with so she will behave ? On a more positive note My Toyota App has been behaving itself of late. 

On 8/17/2024 at 6:26 AM, AndyRC said:

Do you have the My Toyota App? If you haven’t already done it I’d recommend you go back to the dealer and get them to set it up so that you are the primary/main user. I did and I’ve not had any issues since and I don’t get the blue screens on start up 👍 the infotainment sees my iPhone and goes to Apple CarPlay after a couple of seconds 😊

Yep, mine too, every time 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links