Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grumpy old man (The things I hate)

Bper

12 hours ago, Primus1 said:

No idea…I never use supermarket fuel..

I understand that I was just interested to know the difference in Morrisons petrol prices in other areas.👍

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mjolinor said:

People who talk in abbreviations.

It does not show knowledge, it just shows that you are the type whose shirt sleeves are two inches too long for your jacket and that you probably buy Ray Bans.

I remember what LSD was when I was younger, no idea what it is now. (Cyker) 🙂

TBH, I never speak in abbrevs LOL😂

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Bper said:

I do find it irritating when you pick up the phone, and before you can even say 'hello,' the person on the other end launches into a reheubikd script? I’ve had that happen a few times. I patiently listen until they finish, and then I say, 'You're reading that from a script, aren't you?' Their surprised response? 'How did you know?'"Apart from the obvious they forget to breath. Yet another thing for the grumpy list😡

Ah, yes and in that particular area, NHS ringing me with answering machines and expecting me to listen to their diatribe then press the appropriate buttons

I know I have a hospital appointment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mjolinor said:

People who talk in abbreviations.

It does not show knowledge, it just shows that you are the type whose shirt sleeves are two inches too long for your jacket and that you probably buy Ray Bans.

I remember what LSD was when I was younger, no idea what it is now. (Cyker) 🙂

Back in the early days of my career - before computers on every desk were commonplace - I remember writing my first ‘situational report’ to go to somebody higher up for review and approval prior to going to the departmental head for further review and approval…before it could be sent to the typing pool and from there to the departmental Director #differenttimes

I'm not ashamed to admit that the whole experience was terrifying for a youngster trying to make an impression. Would what I wrote be of the required standard? Would they think I’m an idiot if I report the ‘wrong’ things? Would they approve of my writing style?

In the end, all I got back after the various reviews were a few minor revisions, but in red pen at the foot of the document was simply written ‘TMBA - please discuss with me.’ That was from the departmental Director, who was pretty much Lord and Master of all he surveyed from his office on a different floor, and I wasn’t expecting him to have reviewed the draft!

I can still remember the butterflies in my stomach as I went through the maze of corridors and departmental staff to get to the lift and from there to his office. I’d met him once, not long after I started. In the end it was a thoroughly pleasant chat, and he turned out not to be the ogre I’d imagined. I worked for him for a few years, but that first proper interaction taught me a valuable lesson. He noted the report was fine, but that it assumed too much knowledge on the part of the eventual audience. I should, in future, remember that and articulate accordingly…

…and ‘TMBA?’

Too Many Bl**dy Acronyms 😂

• Haha 4

I once volunteered to temporarily step in for our Union’s H&S rep who as off with an illness.  Eventually he returned to work, but said he could not continue his H&S duties- which were voluntary and additional to one’s employed work, and involved every department where a member of our Union was employed.  In a vote, nobody else wanted the job, so I agreed to do it.

Every 3 months I had to accompany the relevant departmental managers to check out the H&S for the department.  Some managers would argue their case and disagree.

So I started to send a type-written report to each manager, verifying my findings, and copies were kept in my own file. At periodic H&S meetings, chaired by the Human Resources director and attended by all relevant Union reps and myself, health and safety issues were discussed, and it was here that I began referring to my reports.  A few departmental managers complained that these written reports were unnecessary and should be stopped.   After a few of the H&S meetings, the HR director said I was to continue with my reports and that he required copies to be sent to him.

At the last meeting, prior to my retirement, the HR director said he was sorry that I was leaving, and that he hoped someone would continue with the work in the same manner as myself.  The attending Union reps agreed, and I was given a round of applause (felt embarrassed actually).  But I did feel appreciated, and the Union reps did say that the work place was noticeably safer due to my efforts.  For this alone, I felt that my voluntary work was well worth the while.

• Like 5

A row erupted over the weekend after many Oasis fans were asked to pay as much as £350 per ticket, around £200 more than had been advertised, due to demand. There have been reports of people paying thousands of pounds over the odds. I like Oasis, but I wouldn't pay a fraction of these prices on principle. In fact, it makes me grumpy that people are prepared to pay these prices.☹️

• Like 2

Apps. I hate apps. Why is there an app for everything nowadays. I see that Oral B now has an app to help coach you to brush your teeth correctly. I must see if I can download an app to help me shave, even though I'e managed not to cut my throat for years now.

Grumpy rant over!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Agreed, and the MyToyota app is one of my least favourites 😡

• Like 3

Were those actual ticket prices or scalper prices?

If those were the ticket prices hiked then that's pretty bad, but if that was what people were paying scalpers then more fool them.

I must admit one thing I like about being a rock and metal person and not a pop person is we don't have to deal with this kind of greed anywhere near as much. (Or maybe it's just the obscure bands we listen to :laugh: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I hate nowadays:

-Smart devices (screens, Speakers, integrated things with apps for no good reason, "smart" vacuum cleaners)

-All useless apps for stores, sites, and companies that you barely use but you have to have on you phone just in case 

-All the cards needed to get discounts in stores

-Subscriptions for discounts in stores/websites

-All ads that pup-up on websites (I will never buy something advertised that aggressive)

-Boy racers (tiny P£&!s syndrome)

-Teenager's stuck their hands down the pants and walking like that

-Young girls/women's almost naked dressing and overusing of eyelashes and makeup 

-The removal of cash payments from stores

-Car prices that are too high compared to years ago

-Aggressive car sales by dealers

-Lack of respect from young people for everyone

-The invasion on asian cheap low quality products on UK market

-Warranty for things that doesn't hold any value anymore

-MyToyota app not working properly 

-Expensive thickets for nice events 

-Aggressive driving ******s 

-Turbo petrol engines with carbon build issues 

-Political parties that lately seem to just have getting rich agenda for them

-illegal immigrants coming to UK that they are not adding any value and use the benefits system ( only men somehow )

-People using the benefits system just because they are lazy (6 Millions 🤯)

-I did not win the lotto yesterday 😁🤪😅

I am pretty sure there are more unfortunately 😞

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Plastic packaging that I can't open.

Wife doesn't let me try now, she can't cope with the language.

• Haha 4

Had to control my grumpiness in the  Range today where they were putting out Christmas bling including a life size animated father Christmas  on a beautifully warm late summers day 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, G L J said:

Had to control my grumpiness in the  Range today where they were putting out Christmas bling including a life size animated father Christmas  on a beautifully warm late summers day 😡

Faten did weekly shop yesterday. Came back with mince pies. :eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People who believe the illegal immigrant nonsense 

the how did we do surveys every time you buy something from a shop nowadays 

everything else….

• Haha 1

We spent a lot of time yesterday cleaning the car, and it looked gleaming. However, when we came out this morning to go shopping, it was as if we'd had a respray overnight the car was covered in bird droppings. It took 15 minutes to clean it all off, and it’s not the first time this has happened. Maybe we should consider issuing a 'no-fly zone' notice to the birds or at least find out where they’re ordering their takeaways from so we can negotiate some peace! To make matters worse, the car is super white, which just makes the mess even more obvious. This situation really makes me grumpy.😡

• Like 1

Someone told me birds hate shiny things and try and poop on them to de-shineify them - It would certainly explain why, when I used to clean my car more, it would also get dive-bombed soon after!! :eek: 

Hmm, I need to find someone with a matte paint job to test this theory on...

• Haha 2

The flight path for birds across where my car is parked on my driveway is set by trees to the rear of my property and two large trees over the road in front of my property.  Unfortunately, the birds regularly using this flight path are wood pigeons, crows and magpies.  All capable of significantly large and messy “dumping” as they pass over.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Urban camo?

Similar shade to bird mess.

I would suggest a farmers type bird scarer, but only while you are out at work, so the noise doesn't matter.(Not to you anyway)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Someone told me birds hate shiny things and try and !Removed! on them to de-shineify them - It would certainly explain why, when I used to clean my car more, it would also get dive-bombed soon after!! :eek: 

My car proves this. No !Removed! anywhere on it and it has never been washed in the eight years I have owned it.

Wood pidgeon !Removed! round here is solid and will dint the car if dropped from height.

• Haha 3

Political correctness.

Mother in law jokes ARE funny.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mjolinor said:

My car proves this. No !Removed! anywhere on it and it has never been washed in the eight years I have owned it.

Wood pidgeon !Removed! round here is solid and will dint the car if dropped from height.

Not come across solid matter capable of denting the bodywork BUT, if the bird is travelling low and fast enough, the streak from a heavy dumping is unbelievable.  Early removal is essential as, if left to dry out, it will etch a stain into the paintwork.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

Not come across solid matter capable of denting the bodywork BUT, if the bird is travelling low and fast enough, the streak from a heavy dumping is unbelievable.  Early removal is essential as, if left to dry out, it will etch a stain into the paintwork.

Round here herons are the pits. Can get front and rear screen in one load.

• Like 1

The birds around here regularly reinact the dam busters raid on a daily basis..

• Haha 2

If bird muck bothers you, get this.  On holiday in Cornwall, we were passing a farm when a cow suddenly came out of the gate, skidded around and passed on my near side, going towards the direction we had travelled from.   Luckily, the cow didn’t collide with my car.  BUT, the cow had just given birth, then had bolted.  The afterbirth was swinging from its rear end and, as it turned, this was flung across my windscreen.  I had to use the wipers to get the screen clear enough to [squint] through, but by the time we got back to base it had dried into a gungy mess and it took a while to get the car clean.  Give me a bit of bird poo any time!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ewwwww :sick:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links