Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grumpy old man (The things I hate)

Bper

9 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Ewwwww :sick:

That is putting it politely!

• Haha 1

Once driving behind a dust bin lorry, a huge vibrator fell out and hit the windscreen, my son, who was four, at the time, gasped, trying to avoid the embarrassment of explaining, I simply said, “ gosh, that was a large insect “ , to which my son replied , “ yes, and did you see the c### on it…”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Aye, that is a bit of an extreme car mess.

The best car/bird interactions that I remember were when  pheasants around here on country roads got just accidentally clipped without damaging the the body(the pheasant not the car)too much.

One very clued up individual was unfortunately caught by my Anglia and I went back to see if he was indeed dead, well he looked dead, but as I got closer he kicked up a right old fuss, squawking about flapping,he was playing dead initially.

When I say best,of course it would be better if he and the many others were not hit at all, but a common occurrence back then.

But no point in wasting a a good game bird, after hanging a bit (not a judicial hanging, but to tenderise) he made a good roast dinner.

Much better than the poor specimens that I sometimes buy when in season, half the size, with hardly any meat on them, and difficult to not dry out when cooking, and lead shot in them.

I draw the line at squirrels though.

• Haha 2

Neighbours who don't open the door when you knock with a freebie and do not answer despite the fact they are clearly in. This happened twice today I'm starting to think they don't like me. Grump😡

• Like 1

You need to take that Avon apron off first... :laugh: 

(Is that still a thing?!)

• Haha 2

How do they know it’s a freebie?  If you’re a pensioner you could be begging. :laugh:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

How do they know it’s a freebie?  If you’re a pensioner you could be begging. :laugh:

Last time I had a peculiar looking family knocking "can we use yer toilet" all my bathroom taps went missing, I should have realised when I heard all the metallic clanking coming from the big hessian bags they carried with them.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

Honestly Guv'nor I wasn't going to ask to come in to keep warm.😂

• Like 1

The number of people I actually like has declined over the years (not helped by my age and the fact that several are no longer with us). Now counted on one hand.
A nice little coach house with a flat for one above, preferably in the middle of nowhere with no internet would be my dream home now.

Does that make me REALLY grumpy?

PS don’t tell the wife 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not at all. I sometimes feel exactly the same way 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeteChat said:

Does that make me REALLY grumpy?

Yes.

But me too, sounds idyllic the coach house idea, maybe add razor wire and a security gate for friends.

• Haha 4

How we earn the Badge to be called “grumpy”?  Is it because nobody else agrees with our views?  Is it because we want to do things OUR way instead of how the youngsters do it?  Or is it because, at my age, I know I am always right? :fish:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

what makes me grumpy is, it used be mind over matter, now it’s mind over bladder, and it usually wins…

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Haliotis said:

How we earn the badge to be called “grumpy”?  Is it because nobody else agrees with our views?  Is it because we want to do things OUR way instead of how the youngsters do it?  Or is it because, at my age, I know I am always right? :fish:

All of the above, plus a few more reasons which may come to me in due course. I believe I was awarded this title by my wife, who often refers to me as the Grumpy Old Git 

• Haha 5

I did have a comment to go here but I have forgotten it.

• Haha 5

On 9/12/2024 at 7:37 AM, Mjolinor said:

I did have a comment to go here but I have forgotten it.

Forgetting things has become a regular occurrence for me. I'll head to the supermarket with a mental list of three items, convinced it's easy enough to remember without writing them down. I pick up the first two items without a hitch. But then, I draw a blank on the third item. I rack my brain, wandering up and down the aisles, trying to recall what I need. Frustrated, I reach for my phone to call my wife, only to realise I left it at home because I was only getting three items. I go back home, irritated, and as soon as I walk in the door, it hits me the third item I needed. Naturally, it’s the one thing I really wanted. So, before I can even shut the door, I’m heading back to the store, feeling like an old forgetful fool.

And that makes me really grumpy 😡

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bper said:

Forgetting things has become a regular occurrence for me. I'll head to the supermarket with a mental list of three items, convinced it's easy enough to remember without writing them down. I pick up the first two items without a hitch. But then, I draw a blank on the third item. I rack my brain, wandering up and down the aisles, trying to recall what I need. Frustrated, I reach for my phone to call my wife, only to realise I left it at home because I was only getting three items. I go back home, irritated, and as soon as I walk in the door, it hits me the third item I needed. Naturally, it’s the one thing I really wanted. So, before I can even shut the door, I’m heading back to the store, feeling like an old forgetful fool.

And that makes me really grumpy 😡

I can cope with this no problem because shopping is faten work.

I could however do with a cure for her having the same problem because her solution to forgetting seems to be to buy one or two of everything in the shop.

• Haha 2

Today's tribulations have made me grumpy.

Had my little Honda nicked two weeks ago. If I claim on the insurance then I can get £650 off the insurance, that is £1000 - excess of £350. I lose all my noclaims discount.

Found something to replace it and am going to see it tomorrow.

With five years noclaims and no claim new price for new bike £74 (with £23 back in three months off Quidco).

With no noclaims due to claiming for the Honda + a claim on my record new price £360 (with £23 back in three months off Quidco).

No sense whatsoever in that.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Did you not have any no-claims protection? :eek: 

No. I have never known it to matter overmuch in recent years.

Old motorbike insurance seems to be weird. I claimed on my car in 2021 and drew £2600. They did not knock my no claims on that claim and I was theoretically to blame.

• Like 2

Motorcycle insurance defies all logic. I had 4 bikes on a multi bike policy, an ancient moped, a 70 year old Sunbeam, a 20 year old Bullet and a 14 year old HD 1200 Sportster. I sold the Sportster and got a refund of under £20 after the mid term adjustment fee ( the policy was only a month old). Decided to replace the Harley with a new 350 Royal Enfield and they wanted another £260!🤷🏻‍♂️

Didn't bother.

• Like 1

Speaking of forgetting things

…………….., I can’t remember what I was going to post

• Haha 2

Since the population of the UK is getting older, perhaps we are going to find ourselves living in a grumpy old place in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to swmbo I already live there 🙄

The only thing that is an advantage of my advancing years is that I only have another 10 - 15 years (if I’m lucky 🤞) to put up with our increasingly “woke” and disconnected society.

Sod it, where’s my motorbike keys 🏍️😃

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PeteChat said:

Sod it, where’s my motorbike keys 🏍️😃

Speaking of which, I must remember to go for a ride later. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links