Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grumpy old man (The things I hate)

Bper

17 hours ago, Bper said:

Forgetting things has become a regular occurrence for me. I'll head to the supermarket with a mental list of three items, convinced it's easy enough to remember without writing them down. I pick up the first two items without a hitch. But then, I draw a blank on the third item. I rack my brain, wandering up and down the aisles, trying to recall what I need. Frustrated, I reach for my phone to call my wife, only to realise I left it at home because I was only getting three items. I go back home, irritated, and as soon as I walk in the door, it hits me the third item I needed. Naturally, it’s the one thing I really wanted. So, before I can even shut the door, I’m heading back to the store, feeling like an old forgetful fool.

And that makes me really grumpy 😡

I’m exactly the same, go into the shops pick up the two of the three things I went for, completely forget the third item, then get home to face the nagging from er indoors, then I suddenly remember what I forgot…….to get a new wife…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

I’m exactly the same, go into the shops pick up the two of the three things I went for, completely forget the third item, then get home to face the nagging from er indoors, then I suddenly remember what I forgot…….to get a new wife…

You do not want a supermarket one. By the time they get that far they are beyond training. A nun is a good choice but hard to find in working order.

• Haha 2

Talking of mental blocks - a few days ago I sat in my car, pressed the starter button but nothing happened.  Sat trying to think what was wrong.  Then, after several things I might blame, I found I had put the fob back in its Faraday bag.  Oh, the pleasures of old age!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once I have arrived back at home after taking my wife to work in a morning, I park the car at the side of the house and go into the house with the keys, leaving the car unlocked, (I am fortunate living where I do in the middle of nowhere). On more than one occasion, I have gone out to the car in the afternoon to go pick my wife up from work and the car will not start. That's when I realise I have left my keys and the fob, on the mantlepiece! That makes me grumpy, because I have to take the seatbelt off and start again.

• Haha 1

I once drove off and left the wife at the side of the road…..I thought I’d gone deaf 

• Haha 2

I’m not a fan of these new fangled press button starts, several times I have thought the Battery was flat - or worse - when nowt happened. Well it wouldn’t when you press the “auto” button on the aircon 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bper said:

There is nothing worse than when you are about to say something you….

… have your other half finish the sentence for you?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bper said:

There is nothing worse than when you are about to say something you….

9 hours ago, Big_D said:

… have your other half finish the sentence for you?

I didn't realise you two were a couple.

• Haha 4

Yesterday evening (Saturday) my wife asked if we were going to put the refuse bin out before or after our evening meal.  I said “after”, and she reminded me again two or three times during the evening.  About 10 o’clock I put the bin out.

But the bin collection is on a Monday - obviously a mix up of the days, which can happen a lot when you are retired.

This morning (Sunday) my wife asked why I had put out the bin last night!  “Oh, we got the day wrong”, she said.   WE conveniently ignoring the fact that it was she who had instigated putting the bin out too early in the first place.   I simply stayed quiet - if there is one thing I have learned with age, it is that you cannot win a battle by defying the logic of a woman.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mjolinor said:

That is an oxymoron.

I thought that was a pleb blowing too much hot air!

It’s a woman’s job to find out what pleases her other half…then put a stop to all that nonsense..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So another short trip to the supermarket. It’s sunny, so I put my sunglasses on. I go into the store, take the glasses off, and hook them over the neck of my T-shirt. I buy a few items can’t forget anything this time, since I have them written down. At the checkout, I put the sunglasses back on, and as I start walking home, I get halfway there when it suddenly hits me, Where are my sunglasses?

I look down at my T-shirt, where I last remember putting them, but they’re not there.Now, I’m starting to panic a little. I must have left them in the supermarket, probably at the self-service checkout when I was packing the items into my bag. I convince myself that by the time I get back, someone will have already picked them up. So, I start walking back to the supermarket, scolding myself for being so careless.

I reach the entrance of the supermarket, and instinctively reach up to take off my sunglasses..only to find that I’m wearing them.

Not only have I wasted my time walking back, but now I’m grumpier then ever because I didn’t even realise I had them on the whole time and had a strong sense this probably is old age.:wheelchair:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Bper said:

So another short trip to the supermarket. It’s sunny, so I put my sunglasses on. I go into the store, take the glasses off, and hook them over the neck of my T-shirt. I buy a few items can’t forget anything this time, since I have them written down. At the checkout, I put the sunglasses back on, and as I start walking home, I get halfway there when it suddenly hits me, Where are my sunglasses?

I look down at my T-shirt, where I last remember putting them, but they’re not there.Now, I’m starting to panic a little. I must have left them in the supermarket, probably at the self-service checkout when I was packing the items into my bag. I convince myself that by the time I get back, someone will have already picked them up. So, I start walking back to the supermarket, scolding myself for being so careless.

I reach the entrance of the supermarket, and instinctively reach up to take off my sunglasses..only to find that I’m wearing them.

Not only have I wasted my time walking back, but now I’m grumpier then ever because I didn’t even realise I had them on the whole time and had a strong sense this probably is old age.:wheelchair:

Congratulations, you are officially old, just don’t stop halfway up the stairs…..

• Haha 2

I don't wear sunglasses or glasses but the number of times my wife is searching frantically for hers when they are perched on the top of her head dumbfounds me.

• Haha 2

Not grumpy today. Almost glad the CD200 was nicked.

Bought it on Saturday, fettled it a bit and been out on it today. Blew the cobwebs away

1.jpg

• Like 3

Can't quite see the badges John, Kawasaki kh 400? around 1975-80 I'm guessing.

Nice though whichever one it is.

kz400 1976. The only jap that leaks oil. 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links