Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Home charger installation problems and reservations

Louie

I am currently waiting for British Gas to install an ABB TERRA 3   charger and its filling  me with dread. Hive is owned by BG.

My power supplier Octopus are saying that they cannot currently offer an EV tariff to any  CHR owners with ABB TERRA 3  chargers purchased by HIve exclusively for Toyota who are in partnership with British Gas. I believe ABB is a Swedish concern I think.

Now the odd thing is if you have an an OHME charger Octopus will support the  CHR or BZ4X. Now the million dollar question if Octopus are coming out with this policy how are other suppliers  such as EON,EDF and other power suppliers going to treat this what a mess !

Folk have had plenty of 'hassle' one way and another. The world of "intelligent" tariffs is rather immature - in order to benefit from an intelligent tariff, you need to have a compatible car and/or charger that is compatible with that specific supplier's system.

So, if you want to benefit from an Intelligent Octopus tariff you would need to have one of their approved chargers. You will be able to use Octopus Go with a C-HR and a Toyota / Hive installed charger.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Found the same, also ordered my car from Toyota in July, received it late September but started the ball rolling for the EV Charger as soon as I ordered vehicle, now having to jump through hoops to get anything to proceed with Hive, British Gas and third parties. I was told today that I may be looking at Xmas-nearly six months. The only company to excel in all of this is Octopus Energy who have been excellent throughout.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links