Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fao All Paypal Users...

Jimlad

Ok... this is nothing to do with cars etc but I feel that it is VERY important as I know a few people here use paypal.

This morning I received an email which stated...

Dear PayPal Customer,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify your current information.

Either your information has changed or it is incomplete. If the account information is not updated to current information within 5 days then, your account will be set on hold.

https://www.paypal.com/aw-cgi/webscr/cmd=_login-run

After you logged in, update and verify your information please.

Thank you for your patience as we work together to protect your account,

The PayPal Team

But... the email is a fake. It will take you to a site to put in your account username/details. It will then go on to another page for you to enter all your personal details including your credit card information etc.

Hopefully no one has done this.... be carefull chaps !

yeah be careful folks

only do somat like this if its directly through the paypal site and email them if in doubt

youll be lucky to get an email back but its worth a try

only time you should get one is when your card is due to expire or when you hit a certain 'icoming' limit when you have to account for money laundering laws

yeah its a common scam...

always beware if your bank, or paypal email you, asking to to fill out personal information..

I get a similar thing with barclay, and I dont have an account with them

I just entered a made up username/pass and it logged me in asking for my info. Hence I knew it was a fakey.

Paypal also always greet you with your name... apparently as opposed to 'Paypal Customer'

Tho I never really bother looking at those emails :P

they use an anoymous emailer, to spoff the address that paypal uses, then they use some HTML to make it look like normal paypal emails...

The link in there is actually another website! but made it look like paypal, Bit instead of actually logging you in it just records all your data that you input, very cunning but it is very easy to spot as they never would email you like that anyway!

If in doubt - Actually type Paypal.com into address bar, disregard the email all together...and then it will tell you ON THE WEBSITE if what the email says is true..... But at least you know you aint on another site...

download the eBay toolbar

it detects spoof sites and emails as you open them and i think it works for paypal at the same time

also check the address starts with cgi-bin or somat like that

if it doesnt its a dud

does Paypal abide by Money Laundering Regulations 2003?

does Paypal abide by Money Laundering Regulations 2003?

yes read a few posts up

After you logged in, update and verify your information please.

That sentence is just not proffesional enough, small things like this give these fakes away.

Also companies who deal with your money legitimately will never ask for personal information when its they themselves who have made a mistake/error if you see what I mean.

they do! I had a company who was asking for my card details today, they didnt have the issue number

they did withould their caller ID, so I had to asked them a few questions such as what did I order, postcode, name and card no

dude wheres ur sig gone :wacko:

it got lost in cyberspace

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links