Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wireless Android Auto Adapters

dkp001

I recently picked up my 2024 GR Sport PHEV but am a little disappointed with the way the Android Auto works and how, when next using the car, it fails to reconnect to your phone for hands free unless you do this manually in settings (so as not to be using AA) or plug the cable in (to use AA) - also if you do manually switch it back to the phone you need to then switch it back to AA when you next want to use that option (unless I am doing something wrong that is).  I don't always want to plug my phone in on short trips etc so a result I am looking at getting a wireless adapter but whichever one I look at seems to get some negative reviews around stability and reliability - compatibility can also be an issue looking at some reviews so I thought I'd ask on here to see what other owners are using and their views/experiences?

This has been covered quite a lot in posts on here i use Carlinkit 2air v5
the auto connectivity for AA is a phone setting and not all android phones support it apparently

Thank you for replying - the settings in the app on the phone itself seem to make no difference to what happens - I had tried setting to Always start AA but if you have manually switched over to hands free in the car AA still doesn't start unless you manually switch back to it.  Basically it's hopeless at switching between the AA and the Toyota functionality so it will make sense to go wireless so I don't have to play about if not plugging the phone in.

I had been looking at Motorola, Carsifi and AAWireless but will now take a look at Carlinkit.

I was just going to stick with the Toyota functionality until their Nav system took me down miles of mirror hugging narrow roads the other day with no way out other than to keep going...... luckily no one else was daft enough to be using them at the same time...

• Haha 2

I use Motorola MA1 adaptor for more than 6 months now and totally happy with it. 

Tried cheaper adaptor from AliExpress but it failed miserably despite having 100% positive reviews. Permanent connection problems. 

Motorola works a charm, connects every time and connection is stable. Works with two phones and connects to the last one connected previously if both persons are in the car. You can switch between two phones manually and it takes about 30 seconds. 

Would definitely recommend this adaptor. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links