Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashcam

Hicardo

Having front and rear dash cam fitted tomorrow at Toyota dealer  😀

• Like 2

Worth having but can be a pain to sync with the app on your phone. It is quite a procedure linking to it. Sometimes you need to switch your phone off and then back on again for the connection to happen. I don’t often do it!

• Sad 1

Right thanks! Well I'll be finding out this weekend when I test it.  On my other car, a Honda, with Road Angel cam, I have no issue connecting to their phone app.  With the Nextbase cam installed in my Toyota, let's see what happens....  😃

• Like 1

I got rid of our dealer fitted Nextbase 380GW because of this. I've replaced ours with a Nextbase 622GW front and rear camera. 

• Like 1

I just take the memory card out if I need any clips, I put it in a usb reader in the laptop.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wiz201 said:

I just take the memory card out if I need any clips, I put it in a usb reader in the laptop.

^^^ This.

Remove card. Download clips directly to laptop. Replace card. Job done.
Unless you wish to fiddle with the camera settings there is really no need to connect to the WiFi... which I find to be pretty easy BTW.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wiz201 said:

This is what I used to do too. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wiz / Big D, what would I need to buy to enable my laptop too read the memory card? 

A micro SD card reader 

Screenshot_2024-09-06-22-44-42-690_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.thumb.jpg.c35967c08dc2d2264771ae2c9a42155f.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

A micro SD card reader 

Screenshot_2024-09-06-22-44-42-690_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.thumb.jpg.c35967c08dc2d2264771ae2c9a42155f.jpg

This is what I use 99% of the time, it's quick and simple, though a programme for playing video's is required on a laptop, I use VLC, but there are dozens out there.

• Like 1

Any card reader will work. I play the videos with the software which was installed on my PC when I bought it. There was no need for me to install anything special, although I find the Nextbase Replay video software works well when I need to zoom in on something. Otherwise it’s the normal Standard Windows video player. 

• Like 1

Some laptops even have a microSD card reader built in!

Rarer on desktop PCs, but they sometimes have normal SDcard slots, which you can use with a cheap passive adaptor (Sandisk usually bundle one with their micro SDcards)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shared said:

This is what I use 99% of the time, it's quick and simple, though a programme for playing video's is required on a laptop, I use VLC, but there are dozens out there.

Dashcam Viewer now (as of version 4.0.0) supports the Nextbase 380GWX fully for viewing front and rear footage PiP. It's probably the best viewing software out there and well worth the small cost.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links