Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

crankshaft sensor location

airt

Hello all I have a 2010 1.4 D4D Yaris and I am having a lot of trouble locating the Crankshaft sensor .The car stopped and will not start unless I use a short blast of easy start I have emptied and cleaned the diesel tank and replaced the filter ,changed the fuel pump and fuel rail from another Yaris ,checked all the fuses and swapped all the relays ,changed the cam sensor but I cannot find the crankshaft sensor. I have found a few locations from other engine but no sensor to be found. thankyou and please help.

Thankyou Flash Im away again for another search.

any codes been stored?

16 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Its on the flywheel end sensor is around the 2 o'clock position

https://toyota-club.net/files/faq/21-07-20_faq_nd-engine_en.htm

28 minutes ago, flash22 said:

any codes been stored?

P1604 startability malfunction, I found one but there is no plug on it and the harness goes up the side of the block under a heat protector.

40 minutes ago, airt said:

P1604 startability malfunction, I found one but there is no plug on it and the harness goes up the side of the block under a heat protector.

Flash I got the sensor but it doesnt unplug at the sensor it is on a harness between the block and rear engine mount to a plug on the front engine cover.

would that be right?

that is not the one

it's behind the flywheel accessed from the rear of the block plug goes to the loom on the top of the gearbox

90919-05047

1ndtvcranksensorrearofblock.thumb.jpg.8b9594cd69c2c0e6fb79625aff17e3ff.jpg

1ndtvcranksensor.thumb.jpg.7173ad93ecb9e6c0f0c61ec568e2af9c.jpg

On 8/23/2024 at 5:18 PM, flash22 said:

that is not the one

it's behind the flywheel accessed from the rear of the block plug goes to the loom on the top of the gearbox

90919-05047

1ndtvcranksensorrearofblock.thumb.jpg.8b9594cd69c2c0e6fb79625aff17e3ff.jpgGot it Flash thankyou for your help

1ndtvcranksensor.thumb.jpg.7173ad93ecb9e6c0f0c61ec568e2af9c.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, airt said:

Got it Flash thank you so much for your help.

• Like 1

Just an update I got this car turning over but wouldnt start. I emptied the fuel tank and cleaned the little filter in the tank under the back seat. Then the fuel filter, I had a donor car so I tried swapping the fuel rail then the fuel pump, someone mentioned easy start so that was next and the car started  and revved out no problem but wouldnt start again then I changed the cam sensor and with the help of Flash I located the crank sensor and changed it. No change so this morning I pulled the injectors and all four were running back and fit for the bin only. I went to the breakers and he pulled four from an Arius 1.4 diesel and I stuck them in and the Yaris is alive and kicking again . The injectors and the leak off/return pipe for £150.00.The clips on the leak off pipe are very easily broken when removing the injectors. This is just an update of info incase it might be of some help.Airt

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links