Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Octopus “free” electricity

Dylan5

Would like to avail of Octopus “free” electricity which they have from time to time ( my plan is to buy a pub or a farm with the money I save). So far I have failed to get my Ohme pod to work during the free period. It’s normally set up for Intelligent Octopus Go , thought I just had to plug in at start of free period, press “full charge” and off it would go for a free hour…

so far no luck it just stops dead after a couple of minutes. Turning off the price cap function on the app doesn’t work either…anyone any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

I don't know why your charger won't charge, however the free electricity is not everything you use during that hour, but the amount of electricity over and above your normal use in that hour slot.

Is there a screen on the ohme pod? I have their home pro model (I think it has been facelifted since I got it) and there is a "max charge" override button that can be pressed. I think my version of the app also has a "max charge" function. Or is that already what you mean when you say "full charge"? 

Failing that, any scope for using a 3 pin plug for that hour? 

Yes, I meant “max charge”. The Ohme epod doesnt  have a screen but does have 3 buttons ( run, pause and stop/ reset) plus an LED with about 50 different light combinations none of which I can see in daylight.

when you plug it onto the vehicle it automatically sets up an overnight dynamic charge , I did try and “ override’ this by pressing the button on the charger and also on the app, to no avail

i have since noticed a toggle on the app to switch dynamic on/off , next time I will toggle this to dynamic off  BEFORE I plug in and see if that works.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links