Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wip Pics

MSC_Kev

Hi everyone...

Got back from our hols this weekend and have been away for the last 2 weeks in Cyprus, whilst I was out there my Corolla was being fitted with the savage kit and a few custom bits.

I won't bore you with the details of the holiday lol, but you might be interested in this......

Pathos has an unbelieable amount of highly modified cars and the most being high powered, turbo'd and even some with the odd NOS bottle. Cars such as Skylines, Supra's, 300zx's, Starlet's, many honda's and soo much more where on the streets day and night and made for some stunning drive bye's, I've never seen such a sight on holiday before. There was also very little poorly, over the top and generally horrid cars that we get here in the UK!

I was seriously impressed with the quality of the cars and also the mentality of the drivers be it modded or not, never felt so safe abroad around the streets and roads.

Here's some WIP shots of the kit fitted :)

post-1-37931-wip10.jpg

I really like the stance it's given it.

post-1-37902-wip9.jpg

post-1-37862-wip8.jpg

post-1-35609-wip5.jpg

Here you can see the clear bumper lights fitted to my bumper that orginally fitted on the SI bumper which was a different shape and didn't fit with the valance, Paul has done a top job grafting them in.

post-1-35567-wip3.jpg

Bonnet vent is blended in and seemless on the bonnet, looks odd and out of place now with it being black, but once sprayed I'm sure it will look much better.

What do you guys think? overall I'm pleased the way it's turned out, the kit isn't OTT and improved the stance of the car, not too low so won't have speed bump issues.

Now for the colour, hmm standard blue or something else.... I'll be looking through House of Kolour's brochure tomorrow :bookworm: :help::wacko:

Kev :)

Looking stunnin m8!

As for the colour, I really like that colour as standard! Leave it like that!

Wont take as much off the value of the car either as its still more standard and wont B a different colour inside than outside!!!

Ad

lookin good mate. think you shoudl go for something kandy coloured, maybe an orange, or rage bondi beach is also nice.

i take it uer doin something about that grille?

ed

Still not decided on the colour, the bodyshop will do an A1 job, much like factory!

The inside of the car will not be a problem as it's only just inside the doors and tailgate that will need doing due to how the interior is fitted, however Barwell Bodyworks could easily wip that out and do a complete job within a few weeks anyway, but I see no point.

i take it uer doin something about that grille?

lol what's wrong with the Grille :P I have left it alone as it has snooper's fitted there ;)

decisions, decisions :wacko:

I'll let you know what's happening tomorrow when I've looked at the colour charts lol

Kev

oneother thing though,

the back box seems to be quite short and so doesnt really show, or is that just the pic?

ed

lookin the nuts that is mate!!

cant wait to see the end result!

It will be very interesting to see it when it all sprayed! That kit is fantastic, good looking car fella! :thumbsup:

niiiiice..you need to post the link up for the kit again Kev!! :)...'puts thinking cap on'

Paint has been chosen and it's not the standard colour.

Car goes in Friday, not saying what colour it is :P , you'll have to wait , but it's being sprayed silver first for the finish and then the paint will be applied and the colour is very very tasty :drool:

Should be done in around 2 weeks

The link for the bodykit is click me!!!

Going down to the bodyshop to check on progress today and also let them know what I want colour coding in the same paint like cam cover, interior bits.

I'll get some pics if they have sprayed it silver, hope I don't like the silver too much I might keep it that way lol

• 2 weeks later...

getting close now, I will be popping over there in the afternoon and fingers crossed I'll have it back this weekend....hmm didn't I say that last week :lol:

Install is coming on a treat which is a bonus...

Kev

me excited..............never.........well ok just a bit :yes:

Steve has gone away for a week and the car is currently waiting for the main Shell to be primed in the pearlesant silver primer, I have seen this on the bodykit parts and it looks :drool: just as the primer!!!!!

As Steve won't be back until monday, my friend is working with me on my days off work to finish the install and hopefully by the end of next week when it will be sprayed and finished the install will be just about done too!! :drool:

Going to need to get some custom made springs for the front to drop it down a little as it's going to be sitting very low at the back lol!

Taken a lot longer then I wanted, but getting the install done at the same time is a very nice bonus. Going over there tomorrow to wack in some more flashing tape for the door panels while the car is stripped.

Should be very nice for the JAPSHOW :thumbsup:

Kev

Pathos has an unbelieable amount of highly modified cars and the most being high powered, turbo'd and even some with the odd NOS bottle. Cars such as Skylines, Supra's, 300zx's, Starlet's, many honda's and soo much more where on the streets day and night and made for some stunning drive bye's, I've never seen such a sight on holiday before. There was also very little poorly, over the top and generally horrid cars that we get here in the UK!

I also believe due to the warm climate there are a lot of Classic/oldtimers (some 'hot rodded') cruising around, the retro classic guys in our country would love 'em, or have these days gone now?

no your correct seen quite a few of them driving around! :lol:

Saw one trying to park who took about 5 attempts and then finally lost in and just chucked in parked right over the kirb and stormed off lol

Kev

so the cars being painted with a silver base, then you're either getting PPG or SEM candy like paint which is transluscent so the silver adds both depth and light or you've shelled out and gone HOK for the best paint on the planet which is a base intercoat clear candy set up or you've hit up the cheaper (but good) rage camelion (SP?) stuff ??

or....please dont tell me you're gonna have rainbow flake over a silver base, people that do this should be shot. :!Removed!:

Your kind of close.....

But I assure you no rainbow colours will be involved lol!

Let's just say it's rather a special paint from the House of Kolor :thumbsup:

Kev ;)

install is almost completed..

Just needs the surrounds firbeglassing and I'm waiting on repairs for 2 amps. (pics to follow)

At last the first colour goes on later on today and 'should' be ready for collection this weekend, hmm leaves no time to get it into the rolling road before the jap show :(

Also can anyone recommend a company that manufactures custom lowering springs, I need to lower the front more to componsate for the heavy install. I've dropped the car -30mm all round but ideally could do with a 45mm drop at the front, would help balance the car better.

Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links