Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota £250 vouchers for "free" public charger misleading

Louie

You have to still pay a minimum of £4.99 fee monthly which varies according to the Tariff you are going to use.

Still waiting for my "free" vouchers despite being told they will be with me this week.🤥

On 8/23/2024 at 8:34 PM, Louie said:

Still waiting for my "free" vouchers despite being told they will be with me this week.🤥

Me too. I was told over a week ago. Not having much use with my 3 Pin home charger either as it keeps cutting out but perhaps it's the extension lead🤔

Olympicswimmer its your extension thats the problem mine works fine plugged straight into garage socket.

The Toyota free vouchers is a total mess even their EV team are confused and we are waiting for a reply via X.

My local dealer Listers in Boston claims the vouchers only apply to customers who ordered and had their vehicles registered in June this year.

The free voucher offer is also misleading as you have to pay a monthly membership fee to the charging station power supplier currently standing at around £5.

Olympicswimmer have you seen this extract from the CHR PHEV manual see enclosed imageimage.thumb.jpeg.3a53276cd309cabfd5cd97d79c0debd2.jpeg

On 8/31/2024 at 9:26 AM, Louie said:

Olympicswimmer its your extension thats the problem mine works fine plugged straight into garage socket.

The Toyota free vouchers is a total mess even their EV team are confused and we are waiting for a reply via X.

My local dealer Listers in Boston claims the vouchers only apply to customers who ordered and had their vehicles registered in June this year.

The free voucher offer is also misleading as you have to pay a monthly membership fee to the charging station power supplier currently standing at around £5.

Hi thank you for update. My dealer has no clue about the voucher and I'm being ignored on X by Toyota 😔 Good news is that I've had the call from Hive and my home charger is being fitted soon (ish) 

Hi Elie the current story is that the voucher offer from Toyota is only valid for customers who ordered and had their vehicles registered in June 24. This British Gas home charger fitment is a bit of a joke as I have to jump through a number of hoops before the installation happens. We are now in Sept and I collected my CHR in the first week of August. My BG installation in nowhere near finality as my video survey is only taking place at the end of this month. 

One important thing you should be aware of is that the ABB TERRA 3 charger is not secure (as far as I am aware)which means anyone can just plug into it unless you have an isolation switch coupled to a timer which will probably give you  the option to enable operation timings. It is entirely possible that the charger itself may have the ability to talk to a timing app otherwise you may not be able to activate it. 

Nothing has been straightforward , apart from picking up the car and driving it, which I love. We were given an 8 week estimate for the charger, which is coming up in about a week. I had the video call yesterday so here's hoping installation is soon. He did say they were very busy.

Thanks for the info on the charger... interesting but hopefully it will be OK as I'm on a quiet road. 

Was there anything in the T&Cs about the £250 credit and June? I definitely don't remember seeing this and would have hoped our sales person would have told me this but she didn't really know much, if anything about it. 

• Like 1

Toyota have formally replied througth X twitter  that as I previously mentioned the  £250 vouchers for use in public charging were for owners who purchased and registered their Toyota vehicles in June of this year. 

Hey, I've not given up on this yet and at no point have they mentioned to me that the car had to be registered before June. I registered in July. They don't really know what they're doing but yesterday they told me that it's been passed onto the EV support team and my voucher should be with me soon... 🤔 

Hello Elle thats exactly how I pursued it and it was  the Toyota EV team that replied via  X that it was only valid for June registered vehicles. However for a company the size of Toyota its out of order and i intend to pursue it further so watch this space.

I'm with you. I haven't seen anything in the terms and conditions about having to be registered before June nor was it mentioned during the sale. Keep me posted. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links