Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RETIREMENT

Parts-King

Well folks after 50 years in the motor trade it is time for me to bow out and retire as disgracefully as possible 🤣🤣

I leave on Friday 30th August.

It has been my pleasure to help and assist members in any way I could, but all good things come to an end. I intend to come back to the club with my own account, but this account will close with my retirement, any messages sent to me will not be monitored after 30th August

I wish you all the very best, it has been a blast, thank you all for your business and kind messages over the years 

Best regards, John AKA Kingo 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 14

Thanks for your contribution and help to the forum and its members. I wish you a great retirement and hope you enjoy a well earned rest.

• Like 1

Hi Kingo, Congratulations on your retirement, I'm sure many members will miss your help.However your experience is invaluable and I'm sure you will continue to give help and advice when you come back to the forum with your own account. Enjoy your retirement after 50 years you've earnt it.👍

• Like 1

Hi Kingo

Your contributions and help to members have been indispensable over the years, and will be sorely missed.

It's brilliant that you will be continuing on TOC with your own account.

Very best wishes in your retirement

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Kingo,

Congrats on your retirement, I hope that you fully enjoy it.

& thanks for the parts that I have bought from you over the years.

• Like 1

Best wishes from me too, and thank you for all your good advice.

Hope you enjoy your retirement however you choose, road trip maybe? Or a well deserved good rest first.

• Like 1

'tis the end of an era! :crybaby: 

But I'm glad you will be staying on, albeit as a "civvie" :laugh: 

I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me and everyone on the forums over the years, as well as being my Go-to-Guru for when my local dealers fail me! :thumbsup:

I hope your boss sees the benefit of having a presence on the forum, as you've done wonders for the reputation of the Lindop franchise over the years.

So what's the next steps, few weeks of relaxation then perhaps a tour of the country, reviewing all the pie shops in the UK...? :whistling1: :laugh: 

• Like 1

Congratulations on your retirement, and if you have managed to make it with your sanity and health in-tact then bravo, sir. Enjoy the world of not working. 👍

• Like 1

Best wishes for your retirement, hope you enjoy yourself 👍

• Like 1

All the best on your retirement 

although @Parts-King may be off to pastures new, you’ll still be with us

One thing about retirement is that you lose the day off on a Bank holiday weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations on your retirement, Parts-King.  Hope you enjoy it and achieve all the things you may have promised yourself.  I retired 28 years ago, and have enjoyed every minute.  Still do the odd bit of DIY (just replaced my power tools with all cordless ones - can’t risk them tripping me up at my age).  Mind you, where a job would involve an hour or two, this is now measured by a day or two! But who cares, I have plenty of time to spare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All the best for the future, you must have seen some real changes over the years

• Like 2

Enjoy your retirement, I can definitely recommend it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey John

Wishing you all the best for your retirement. Hope you get the gold watch? lol

Also on behalf of every member on TOC and I, we wish you all the best and thank so much for all your help you have given everyone over the years. It's been a pleasure having you on-board. We look forward to seeing you drop by now and then.

All the best

-Steve & TOC team

• Like 2

All the best for your retirement. 

If its like mine, you will wonder how you found the time to fit in work👍

• Haha 1

Thanks for lending you virtual ear and sharing your knowledge with the forum.

All the best wishes for your retirement! Let us know when you are back as your alter ego 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yorkboy said:

All the best for your retirement. 

If its like mine, you will wonder how you found the time to fit in work👍

Half the people I know who've retired have become free childcare for their grandkids :laugh: 

7 hours ago, Steve said:

Hey John

Wishing you all the best for your retirement. Hope you get the gold watch? lol

Also on behalf of every member on TOC and I, we wish you all the best and thank so much for all your help you have given everyone over the years. It's been a pleasure having you on-board. We look forward to seeing you drop by now and then.

All the best

-Steve & TOC team

Thanks Steve, not quite gold but a beautiful Longines Flagship automatic, it really is a nice watch 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Thanks Steve, not quite gold but a beautiful Longines Flagship automatic, it really is a nice watch 

Nice watch John, Time is now your own 🙂

• Haha 1

Enjoy your retirement John. As Steve says above, your time is your own now - well, some of it is!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links