Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1s-ve Buckets

LimeyMk1

Also posted this question in the MR2 forum (thought it was going into this forum, ho-hum).

I'm looking for a supplier of undershim buckets/valve lifters for a 1SZ-FE, other than Toyota. Was quoted over £11 each which will be pretty pricey to replace all 16 in my 4A-GE.

Many thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Chris

Edit: Sorry meant 1SZ-FE (oops)

Hi,

welcome to the club.

There are a few companies that make shims and buckets for a number of makes, maybe check with a local store as to what is available.

For the 1SZ-FE, there are no actual shims as such, the buckets have a small protrusion on the valve (inner) side that acts as the shim, the buckets are available in sizes ranging from 5.120 to 5.680 mm, increasing with 0.020 mm steps.

Building a wild-cammed, high-revving 4A-GE?

Cheers, Yves.

he's a technical guru that's for sure! is 1SZFE buckets in 1.6 twincams a well known trick? or were you being facetious?

is 1SZFE buckets in 1.6 twincams a well known trick? or were you being facetious?

The original design on the 4A-GE is a shim over bucket, so when going wild with cam timing and lift you run the risk that the camshaft pushes the shim out at high revs, not too healthy I'd say.

The 1SZ-FE buckets are shimless and an exact fit for the 4A-GE, so, no shims on top of the bucket, no risk of pushing them out.

Cheers, Yves.

Cheers Yyves,

Cams will be from TED components in Canada as they do some fantastic kit for the 4A-GE, I haven't decided on the lift or duration yet, but it'll be using a programmable ECU.

The Yaris buckets are also 20g lighter than the stone-age shim system used on the 4A-GE. You've gotta love Toyota for making all these interchangable parts.

The engine's coming out of my old Mk1 MR2 and will be going into a Locost (Lotus 7 type kit car).

This little project is still in research and parts collection phase, still unsure as to whether to stay N/A and high compression or forced induction with low boost. I'm looking at sub 200bhp as anything more in a 5-600kg car will be very scary!

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links