Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Cross Excel

Tim5000

4 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Can't recall the exact details but pretty sure I read somewhere that the "delivery" charge for a new car was meant to include £50 in fuel. It was either that or bundled somewhere in the OTR price. That said I've typically had around half a tank and seen it on the order/invoice as "dealer options".

I found the following in one of the toyota pdfs:

“On Road” prices are applicable to vehicles sold for permanent use in the United Kingdom and comprise retail
price, £700.00 delivery charge, £26.00 number plate allowance (all inclusive of VAT), 12 months’ Vehicle Excise Duty, plus £55 Vehicle First Registration Fee.

which ties up to what I've got on my order form. No mention of what makes up the £700.

The "Bronzed Adonis" has arrived 😃

IMG_2024-09-01-13-27-46-574.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

enjoy 🙂

• Like 1

After test driving a couple I was wondering how I'd live with it for the longer journeys I do.

So this is my take after day 1 in no particular order which you can summarise up as "wtf is everyone complaining about":

* Fuel - I had about 140miles in the tank. Filled up with Tesco 99 so we'll see how that goes but it reckons about 470miles in the tank.

* Colour - looks much better in person than in the picture, it's much richer in the flesh. That was a big relief as I hadn't seen one in person only the pictures online.

* Toys - I can't see anything from the Premiere I would be missing as in the OP I said I didn't like the HUD. Everything else seems to be fitted as far as I can tell. Time with the engine will tell...

* Style - I'm happy I didn't get any other options as I prefer the cleaner lines rather than it looking like someone's decorated a fridge. It was quite nice though that the Excel has the silver flecks on the front grille (similar to the GR) I hadn't noticed that on the 2nd hand 2023 Excel I tested and I was thinking if I might do it as I liked it on the GR I saw in the showroom.

* Ridiculously easy to drive for someone coming from an older 2011 manual Ford Focus Diesel - app reckons 62mpg so far and 36% EV usage on the 55 miles I've put on it (mostly on and off A roads). It's almost like driving an XBOX...

* The RSA bing bong noise that's mandatory. I don't know what everyone else is hearing but it's practically silent. It's really not intrusive at all...

* The thrashy engine noise... Well it wasn't silent when joining A roads but once on and/or everywhere else it wasn't a problem (again I've driven older diesels). Should it be then that's what the stereo volume is for 🙂

* My 6ft step son could fit easily in the back seat.

* Heated seats and full on aircon were tried for a bit over the trip (because why not) so they probably didn't help the mpg!

* The air blowers are ridiculously powerful even on auto so they were turned straight down to 1.

* I have performed Riverdance in it's entirety trying to open the boot. It worked once and probably never again 🤣

* The 18" standard wheels I was worried about the ride and read about swapping to 16" wheels - there's plenty of potholes on the A1 and it's the best drive I've had on there >_>

* I haven't yet checked the (Falken boo) tyre pressures so I'll sort that tomorrow. Shame the goodyears weren't fitted but I'll let the Falken's have their time.

* Pan roof was a big hit - can't reach the rear manual shutter unless parked up. It was a bit of a fiddle to work out how it actually opened but fine once we realised.

* The stock speaker setup is quite serviceable, however I have younger ears than some of the members so my upper frequency range of hearing probably helps there. 😁

* The "door close" noise is fine.

* The orange safety warning lights that come on the wing mirrors when a car goes past on the dual carriageway is really cool, even though I got taught to actually turn my head and look over my shoulder when crossing lanes I'll be making a lot of use of that.

* The auto-brake sounds pretty rough when it comes in - I went to park a bit closer to the kerb in the picture above and my partner was standing on the edge of the kerb so the car brakes but I thought the noise was me kerbing the alloys it was so harsh. It worked though...

* Navigation, radio, android auto, hold mode, adaptive cruise control all seemed quite easy to work. The biggest faux pas I made was I was trying to start the car to pull away from the dealer and kept turning it off. All I needed to do was put it in gear and go but I'm used to starting the diesel engine up with the start/stop button 😄

Dealer wise:

* Nice little sign next to the car and showing from the main road entrance

* No hard sell on any extra bits

* Payment went through scarily easily...

* Was given a nice little card that you can plant and it's infused with some wildflower seeds.

* I didn't get my protection pack - apparently they are "on order" so it does mean going out to the dealer again 😕

* Most important out of anything was that the hot chocolate machine at the dealer took a while to get sorted as a kid there had drunk 7 and cleaned it out (I wouldn't want to be his parents) .... we ended up with a few tries of milky water until that got sorted

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Also I think I might have scored free mudflaps as I originally ordered them extra but cancelled after paying the deposit as the oven blew (fortunately I managed to subsequently fix it for free).

I checked with the dealer today as it was still on the invoice so she popped out and said they aren't fitted and we took the money off...but I'm pretty sure they are from the picture!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Tim5000 said:

I'm happy I didn't get any other options as I prefer the cleaner lines rather than it looking like someone's decorated a fridge.

Why do you feel the need to be disparaging about other members cars, is it because you didn't have the money, to get side protection etc?

It's a shame that you also missed out on the new upgraded engine setup...much more refined ...but I suppose if money is tight...maybe they'll take the mudflaps back...at first service.

My fridge.  🙂

YC 24.JPG

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

Why do you feel the need to be disparaging about other members cars, is it because you didn't have the money, to get side protection etc?

It's a shame that you also missed out on the new upgraded engine setup...much more refined ...but I suppose if money is tight...maybe they'll take the mudflaps back...at first service.

My fridge.  🙂

YC 24.JPG

My dear boy, I don't know what you are on about!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.

I wonder why you need to question other people's financial status. Alas I'll resort to shining yer shoes m'lord!!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Tim5000 said:

My dear boy, I don't know what you are on about!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.

I wonder why you need to question other people's financial status. Alas I'll resort to shining yer shoes m'lord!!

You mentioned your financial predicament ...as below:

11 hours ago, Tim5000 said:

cancelled after paying the deposit as the oven blew (fortunately I managed to subsequently fix it for free

• Haha 1

No i'm just stingy, that's the difference.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links