Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1000 miles in & mpg attained.

badlywornroy

2022 Corolla Design. Last 3 fill ups. Same local garage, fill to 1st pump click. Mileage attained 1. 64.mpg, 2. 64.mpg, 3. 61.mpg. I fully expected the dashboard mpg readout to be  ' overly optimistic' but at most it is 1 or 2 miles out. Pretty pleased with the mpg I'm  getting.

• Like 4

I've used Fuelly to track mine. Just over 15k miles, 52.0 mpg. That's not every fill up, but I'd say 99% of them.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

I've used Fuelly to track mine. Just over 15k miles, 52.0 mpg. That's not every fill up, but I'd say 99% of them.

I didn't know about ' Fuelly ' just had a read. So what advantage would this give me over ' old fashioned arithmetic ' 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, badlywornroy said:

I didn't know about ' Fuelly ' just had a read. So what advantage would this give me over ' old fashioned arithmetic ' 😀

it tracks mpg, mileage, best tank, cost (average per tank and running total), average miles per fill up and fuel cost per mile.

Plus you can split the mileage between town and non town usage.

• Like 1

I use a spreadsheet, where I enter my milage cost & quantity each time I fill up. I have a chart showing mpg since the last fill up & average over the last 5, miles since last fill up & average over the last 5 plus fuel cost. The spreadsheet shows the max mpg every achieved & average since I've owned the car. Plus a few other things. 

It's something i started when working as we had to record every journey for tax purposes. 

Quite easy as I'm low mileage & only fill up about once a month. 👍

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jiff said:

I use a spreadsheet, where I enter my milage cost & quantity each time I fill up

Same here.

Simples.

Way better than the old book and arithmetic method.

And ours is about 2 mpg different to the dash, not normally that accurate, normally liars like a Tory MP.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skidlid said:

Same here.

Simples.

Way better than the old book and arithmetic method.

And ours is about 2 mpg different to the dash, not normally that accurate, normally liars like a Tory MP.

Thanks Guys, I have enough on my plate learning all the ' mysteries ' of this Corolla without leaning about spreadsheets. I think I will stick to converting Litres to galls and dividing the mileage by galls. 😄

• Like 1

Much the same for me, I have a 2.0 TS and App says I get 55 mpg but when I’ve measured over 1-2 fills I calculate 53mpg so pretty close.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I look at the average on the car's computer. From new ( April last ) the computer average is showing 4.4L/100Km , this equates to 64 mpg.  I drive in ECO mode and try to be light on the pedal. Only about 3,600 km on the clock so far.

• Like 1

I drive mainly motorways at a genuine 70mph which is an indicated 74mph. Plus using sport mode sometimes, usually in normal mode. 

long term average over 15k miles is 60mpg which is better than any car I’ve owned for the same types of journeys. 

in my auris hybrid I could very rarely hit 50mpg, mostly is was high forties. A diesel hatchback I had couldn’t get over 50mpg either. Previous best was my mk1 Yaris hybrid which got 55mpg but was much slower. 

I’ve found the dash display to work out pretty accurately to the miles and tank measuring. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links