Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla tourer hybrid road noise

snikwahc

2022 corolla tourer hybrid road noise:

Has anyone tried cutting quiet-rated tyres to reduce road noise?

I love the car but find it's noisier than I'd like. My previous car was an avensis tourer that was significantly less noisy

• 3 weeks later...

Fitting not cutting!

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of soundproofing fitted to Toyota hybrids unless you have excel model, they come with acoustic glass and extra sound proofing I believe. 

Only all season v shaped tyres like Goodyear vectors or Michelin cross climates and all similar to those can reduce road noise a bit. There will be 2-3 mpg reduced fuel efficiency but slightly less roar noises when driving on rough asphalt and all weather grip. 
We had discussed this in other posts many times previously. You can search in Google Corolla hybrid best tyres or similar and the older posts will pop up. 👌

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Only all season v shaped tyres like Goodyear vectors or Michelin cross climates and all similar to those can reduce road noise a bit. There will be 2-3 mpg reduced fuel efficiency but slightly less roar noises when driving on rough asphalt and all weather grip. 
We had discussed this in other posts many times previously. You can search in Google Corolla hybrid best tyres or similar and the older posts will pop up. 👌

Thanks 😄

Hi Chris, my 2021 RAV4 excel has a lot of road noise, original tyres Toyo with 18000mls.

If I keep it long enough I'll change to Michelin cross climates or suchlike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links