Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Want to remove the immobilizer - Yaris 2012

amron

I guess that my question is a bit tricky but I hope that you'll be able to help. on my 2012 Yaris the insurer requested (when was new) that an immobilizing device will be installed. now, after the years the device is starting to show it's age and since it's not mandatory any more, I would like to disconnect and remove it. I wonder if you can guide me which wires of the original harness were cut and altered, I guess that they are wires leading to the ignition switch and or achieving the wiring diagram of the original wiring ( take into consideration that it's a lhd vehicle). if needed - I can of course provide the VIN. attached - a picture of the keyboard, I guess that there is a second unit installed somewhere in the dashboard.

kb.jpg

Unless someone knows exactly what immobliser was installed, its going to be a pretty hard ask reference the wiring as different makes will have different wiring instructions.

Can you see / remember what make and model of immobiliser was fitted?  With that information, there is a good chance the fitting instructions will be lodged somewhere on the web and it will give you a better chance of being able to remove it without problems.

Many immobilisers have a "bypass" code so if the car is in the garage for maintenance, the immobiliser can be temporarily disabled so as to allow the mechanic to work on the car.  Do you have such a code? If so, you could enable it so you are not asked for a code each time.

Here's hoping that this gets sorted for you!

2 hours ago, jthspace said:

Many immobilisers have a "bypass" code so if the car is in the garage for maintenance, the immobiliser can be temporarily disabled so as to allow the mechanic to work on the car.  Do you have such a code? If so, you could enable it so you are not asked for a code each time.

I wasn't aware of that. since the device was installed by Toyota dealership when the vehicle was delivered, I'll try to ask them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links