Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steven Eagall!

Pumatron

What does it take to stop the Steven Eagall group from hounding you to buy a new car from them?

I have asked for communication to stop, yet this Toyota dealer keeps sending letters through the post and phone calling (which I’ve stopped answering now-so leaves voice mail)

Utterly ridiculous. Why can’t they understand I will be keeping the car at the end of the PCP! I’ve told them numerous times!

I did consider paying off the car earlier, but it’s 0% finance and the money in the bank is earning good interest, so doesn’t make good sense to do this. 

Honestly, I’ve never known any other dealer like it. It’s most definitely has put me off from buying another Toyota as all the local dealers are owned by this group.

Anyone else been hounded by them?

• Sad 2

Hi Lewis,Dealing with relentless contact from a dealership like Steven Eagall can be a real pain, especially after you've repeatedly asked them to stop. One effective approach is to send a formal letter to the dealership's customer service department, explicitly stating that you want all forms of contact to cease immediately. It's important to keep a record of this communication, along with any previous requests you've made, as this could be useful if the situation escalates.If the dealership continues to ignore your requests, the next step is to escalate the issue to Toyota UK. By explaining your experience and how it has negatively impacted your perception of the brand, Toyota UK may be able to intervene on your behalf and pressure the dealership to respect your wishes.Should the unwanted communication persist, it may be necessary to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Under GDPR regulations, you have the right to stop unwanted marketing, and the ICO has the authority to investigate and take action against companies that fail to comply. Additionally, registering your number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) can help prevent further unsolicited calls.In more severe cases, where the dealership’s persistence borders on harassment, seeking legal advice could be a necessary step.Sharing your experience publicly, whether through online reviews or social media, can sometimes prompt a quicker response from the dealership. Public criticism may push them to take your concerns more seriously in an effort to protect their reputation.Taking the above steps should help you put an end to the unwanted communication and regain control.👍

• Like 2

They write to me several times every year telling me about their 'Confidential' manager's sales events. I still smile at the irony.

• Like 1

I was in the past when they kept contacting me offering to buy my car back but I told them I wasn't interested then I changed my marketing preferences & they haven't contacted me since. 

• Thanks 1

Different name Eagell, not Eagall, but this one seems to make choices simple? https://www.steveneagell.co.uk/data-preferences/ 

Perhaps it's an individual in which case a polite email to the CEO, setting out your concerns, should do the trick steven.eagell@steveneagell.toyota.co.uk

Similar story with my dealer, eventually got a half price service when they continued despite promising they'd stopped it, not heard from them since.

Email source: https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-86609&c=Steven Eagell Toyota-Managing Director

I'd like them to return my calls! I got invited to a secret sales event while I was trying to book my car in for a service 😂

• Haha 2

Steven Eagell are a nightmare in terms of continual contacting. After receiving excessive post and probably 10+ calls inviting me to 'special' events over a period of 2-3yrs I contacted them yet again and formally requested all communication be stopped and all my data they held be deleted in accordance with GDPR (I'd never bought from them so data wasn't really required to be held). 

It later became apparent this didn't happen but I couldn't be bothered to take it further. Due to this and other experiences I decided to never step foot in their dealerships.  Contact seems to have finally stopped now.  I suspect it isn't just Steven Eagell who have this habit in fairness.   They need to understand that some people want to choose when they change their car and don't fall for alleged special offers. Clearly some people most do though otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it!

As with all these 'special events',  manager's specials, cost price events etc prices are cheaper elsewhere if you shop around at the right time.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Willss said:

Steven Eagell are a nightmare in terms of continual contacting. After receiving excessive post and probably 10+ calls inviting me to 'special' events over a period of 2-3yrs I contacted them yet again and formally requested all communication be stopped and all my data they held be deleted in accordance with GDPR (I'd never bought from them so data wasn't really required to be held). 

It later became apparent this didn't happen but I couldn't be bothered to take it further. Due to this and other experiences I decided to never step foot in their dealerships.  Contact seems to have finally stopped now.  I suspect it isn't just Steven Eagell who have this habit in fairness.   They need to understand that some people want to choose when they change their car and don't fall for alleged special offers. Clearly some people most do though otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it!

As with all these 'special events',  manager's specials, cost price events etc prices are cheaper elsewhere if you shop around at the right time.

Agreed. And the pressure sales at the “special event” are really suspicious . Allowing only 30 min of decision time is devisive. I have dropped Steven Eagell as my dealer after “special invite” to a “special event” meaning DOUBLING my PCP contribution. After a follow up email from so called “customer service “ asking about “my journey to my new vehicle” i said justify why the PCP was so high.

so far nada , nothing, no response. So Steven Eagell im off to another dealer 

• Like 1

I'm not sure the issue is with any one company in particular.

Fundamentally we as customers essentially want the best customer service possible at the lowest price possible. 

Dealerships (in the vast majority of cases) are simply businesses that want to make as much money as possible for as little effort/money as possible in order to maximise their profit. 

Businesses that don't market hard, and don't try everything possible to keep costs down, will struggle to exist in this day and age.  This makes it difficult to provide the quality of service customers want.

A lot (not all) of customers no longer reward good customer service with loyalty and a willingness to pay a bit more. Instead they/we search out the best deal online!

If I owned a dealership I'd run my business very differently. I'd have excellent feedback and happy customers...... but I'd go bust quickly!

• Like 1

I unfortunately have dealt with SE in the past but i wish I had not. I had my two Corollas supplied by them through Motability. Customer  support left a lot to be desired so much so that i had to move to Listers in Boston to fix my problems. SE seem to keep moving their staff around a lot so continuity seem to be lost.  

• Like 2

Buy a rude postcard from a local card shop and send it to the general manager, warning that there will be more like this if they do not stop harassing you.  Worth a try.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

To stop the mail in the post, next time you receive correspondence from them cross off your address write "not known at this address" and send it back in the post, they always put a return address on or should do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links