Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seatbelt buckles in wrong order

Nathan B

Hello - I’ve just bought a second-hand 2011 Manual Petrol Toyota Harris. To me, it seems that the seatbelt buckles are in the incorrect order. Can anyone confirm this?

The seatbelt buckle for the middle seat is on the right hand side (therefore closest to the right-hand seat). The seatbelt for the right seat however is on the left-hand side. 

When both seatbelts are buckled, it thus means there’s a cross cross situation. 

This seems wrong to me - am I right? How can I fix it? 

Thanks

Lift the back seat and make sure they haven't simply been crossed underneath (if they have then just rearrange them). If they're really the wrong way round then you can unbolt and swap. Seat belt anchor bolts use strong thread locking compound to make sure they won't loosen, so be prepared for a bit of a workout getting them out and do apply some new red loctite before refitting.

• Like 1

The middle belt should have two buckles - Are you putting them both in?

One clips in on one side, and the other one goes over your lap and clips in on the other side, so you get the belt going over your lap and diagonally across the torso, and get the full 3-point restraint - It shouldn't just go diagonally on its own.

It's like that so that it can be released and rolled out the way if the seats are folded down; One side is black and can only be released by poking the key blade into the release catch hole, but the other is a normal red button press release.

It also may be someone's plugged the wrong thing in the wrong socket, so you'll need to release and retract both then put them in the right way round.

• Like 2

iirc its the same as the Mk3 the belt comes down from the roof the end clips into a buckle this has the release on the side you then put the belt across your lap plugging it into a buckle giving you a 3 point belt

when not in use you can unclip it and store the belt in the roof trim

p90p130middlerearbelt.thumb.jpg.ea5716ff97296cc3b5239da06591ce94.jpg

• Like 2

On our Mk3 the 'key' buckle - in picture 2 above - is outboard of the RH passenger belt buckle, and the two normal buckles on the left are also 'crossed'. . I don't know if that is normal but it works fine - the buckles for the middle are on longer connections, so they don't really clash.

I think it's to give a bit more width to passengers when there aren't 3 people in the back.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links