Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ACC fine adjustment

S0G17

When using the ACC, whenever I press the + RES button it increases the set speed by 5MPH and not 1MPH. In the manual it says it should be 1MPH and a long press would increase it by a larger amount so I'm not sure what's happening for my case.

It seems when using the Radar version of ACC, it increases it by 5MPH instead of 1MPH. Are we able to change this?

Check the dealer settings for your model.

Yeah that used to annoy the hell out of me on the 2020 model!

The only workaround I found was to manually accelerate to the desired speed and set it to the current speed.

You can set the increments for short and long press in the set up screen on the Infotainment system, can’t remember the exact menu but can be done.  

1 hour ago, JasonM said:

You can set the increments for short and long press in the set up screen on the Infotainment system, can’t remember the exact menu but can be done.  

wow that would be really cool. i hate "1" increments. while on paper it looks cool setting speed super accurate, irl i want to press the button 2-3 times to adjust speed entering the low speed zone not 20 times.

Same goes for radio volume. hate pressing button gazillion times to turn volume down or up.

Speed limits are divisible by 5 so the system works well. Some will argue that they'd like to compensate for speedometer inaccuracy but since that's only a couple of mph it's not going to make enough of a difference to matter.

Today while driving through the HS2 roadworks on the A43 my ACC was set to 50 and the radar sign reported that I was doing 47. Whup de doo.

IIRC in the original Corolla the 1mph increments only worked for the normal/"dumb" cruise control but the radar cruise only jumped in steps of 5.

In the facelifts and onwards, the system is like the one in the new Yaris, where you press for 1mph increments and hold for 5mph in either radar or normal cruise control.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

IIRC in the original Corolla the 1mph increments only worked for the normal/"dumb" cruise control but the radar cruise only jumped in steps of 5.

In the facelifts and onwards, the system is like the one in the new Yaris, where you press for 1mph increments and hold for 5mph in either radar or normal cruise control.

Correct. The old setup is quite annoying, because the best scenario where ACC is  more useful compared to basic cruise is through the SPECS cameras where there are motorway roadworks (i.e. everywhere), but it's tricky to get it set to the most efficient true speed that remains safely inside 110% of the limit and won't result in any feeling of collars. For example, I wouldn't want to risk an indicated 60, but an indicated 57 is something I've thoroughly tested with my particular car and never been in any trouble. Some people go a bit faster.

i just slow to the indicated limit , set the ACC at that and let the car do the rest, i admit i have`nt noticed 1 or 5 mph increments when the limit changes i just tweek it as required.

I think if you are doing 30 and below it goes to 1 mph increments if I'm not mistaken, but I think the easiest way is for example if you want to get near to a true 70 mph on the motorway is to drive say at 72 then set the acc that should give you about 68 / 69 mph, on mine the speedo reading is about 3 to 4 mph lower to what the gps reads @ 70.

6 hours ago, tfc said:

I think if you are doing 30 and below it goes to 1 mph increments if I'm not mistaken, but I think the easiest way is for example if you want to get near to a true 70 mph on the motorway is to drive say at 72 then set the acc that should give you about 68 / 69 mph, on mine the speedo reading is about 3 to 4 mph lower to what the gps reads @ 70.

On my 2019 car I up’d the limit by 2-3 mph so the warning is correct to the true mph.

My concern with the 5mph increments is that dropping it by one press (5 mph) seems to produce quite an abrupt reduction in speed. Is it just a "foot off the throttle" effect or does the car actually brake?

SOG17...

I found this a problem myself when I bought my 1.8TS just over a week ago.

When you press the ACC button the Cruise control illuminates on the dash.

If you press and hold the button for a short moment a second light comes on,

this will allow you to increase or decrease speed by 1mph increments.

To change back just press the button to off then on again to resume ACC.

Hope this helps as it had my head spinning at first.

Regards.

Mike...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mosull said:

SOG17...

I found this a problem myself when I bought my 1.8TS just over a week ago.

When you press the ACC button the Cruise control illuminates on the dash.

If you press and hold the button for a short moment a second light comes on,

this will allow you to increase or decrease speed by 1mph increments.

To change back just press the button to off then on again to resume ACC.

Hope this helps as it had my head spinning at first.

Regards.

Mike...

I'll try this out, thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links