Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Car Play Problem

george.hammond

I have a new(2weeks) Yaris Cross Excel,the Car Play has frozen three times and I have been unable to get out of it.It has been back to toyota three times and reset but it freezes again.As a result Car Play has been turned off and I am now using just blue tooth for Sat Nav.Phone,and Radio any idears why it should freeze and how can I get it back on? 

do you have a smart connect with wireless carplay or is it a touch2 with wired carplay

What version of iOS are you using?  Can you try connecting wired via USB-C to see if that works, assuming you are trying to connect wirelessly wifi/bluetooth.

I would delete the phone from the nav / multimedia system and start again as a "bug" in the set-up may not clear by simply reconnecting.  does it happen if their are 2 iphones in the car at the time?

It is Smart Connect and no there hasnot been two phones in the car, do not want to touch it realy I was hope someone elese had  the same problem so I could go back Toyota and ask them to check and if neccessary replace Car Play after all the car ionly two weeks old.

This is my seventh Toyota and I have nevhad problems before.

I use wireless CarPlay without many problems  it’s only frozen once since I got the car. I just press and hold the power button until it starts up again, this usually fixes it. I used to have to do this regularly in my previous Yaris but the new one has been pretty reliable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links