Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross Delivered today + Mods

jthspace

Am I the only one think that looks like a blood covered knife inside a sock 🫣

Sure is a deterrent - see what happened to the last person who turned the steering wheel 🤣🤣

• Haha 9

It does look like a blood sock. Halloween 🎃 is coming soon, maybe op is using a pseudonym..... Jeff ➡️ Jason?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes, looks like a severed body part to me, not sure which part, wrapped in a bandage.

I must have missed something though, what actually is it?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Yes, looks like a severed body part to me, not sure which part, wrapped in a bandage.

I must have missed something though, what actually is it?

Just something that looks yeuky and no-one wants to touch 😂

image.thumb.png.2f889003d2a89e46da4fdfdb5371bfd3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I see that now, but is the severed body part look a customised cover,or as standard, I wonder.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Yeah I see that now, but is the severed body part look a customised cover,or as standard, I wonder.

It's been used for a few years on my MX5 and is simply sun bleached (honest, officer).

PhotoRoom_20240131_143454.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Customised for your alter ego when with Mcd mates?

• Haha 2

On 9/2/2024 at 6:10 PM, jthspace said:

Boot light changed to LED

You might want to do the vanity lights too. Unless they are coming from the factory with LEDs now.

Vanity.thumb.jpg.f2f9dbe292e7de4495fb00795f7c13c6.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

You might want to do the vanity lights too. Unless they are coming from the factory with LEDs now.

Door/interior lights are LED. No Vanity lights and no lights at the back though due to pano roof 🙄😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IT Troll said:

@IT Troll Are the vanity lights fitted with the same LED bulbs as the boot ?

• Like 1

Aliexpress (Evri) just dropped these off

IMG_8187.thumb.jpeg.bd6a46258c81f216d30e7291eb53814b.jpeg

IMG_8188.thumb.jpeg.879abc0ec25d653848e97b482e795eac.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jthspace said:

Actually, they look not bad.  Can you send me the AliExpress link ?

4 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Actually, they look not bad.  Can you send me the AliExpress link ?

You have to order each side separately 

Seat filler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Graham47 said:

@IT Troll Are the vanity lights fitted with the same LED bulbs as the boot ?

Yes they are. I ordered a pack of 10 and did the centre interior, visor/vanity, boot interior and rear numberplate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jthspace said:

I would be wary of putting extra bits of flying plastic near the seatbelt pre tensioner’s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funnily enough I saw an ad for those seat side things earlier today, though the ones I saw had the manufacturer Badge on them. (BMW, in the case of the ones I saw)

Just somewhere else to collect dust, I reckon! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BlueMike1972 said:

Just somewhere else to collect dust, I reckon! 

Fruit gums

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ralph H said:

I would be wary of putting extra bits of flying plastic near the seatbelt pre tensioner’s. 

I believe there are also some central airbags that fire between the driver and front passenger in the event of a side on collision. I think they are located in the front seats just above this area so might be something to check if you haven't already.

I'm enjoying this thread - it's great to see what is easily available to customise!

Edited by Tim5000
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tim5000 said:

I believe there are also some central airbags that fire between the driver and front passenger in the event of a side on collision. I think they are located in the front seats just above this area so might be something to check if you haven't already.

Correct - side centre airbags fitted on Yaris Cross.

Below image from the EuroNCAP test report. 

Official Toyota Yaris Cross 2021 safety rating (euroncap.com)

toyota_yaris_cross_2021_md.jpg

• Like 2

Ouch, so the airbag fires and either doesn't protect you, or you get a bit of soft plastic propelled into the cabin..!

• Like 1

Nah it'll be fine, they are built into the side bolsters of the seats, although how they deploy without taking your arm off is something I don't want to find out! :fear: 

The danger is if you're using a seat cover, as that will definitely get in the way of the airbag deployment.

I am slightly terrified about the increasing number of explosive charges I'm surrounded by every time I get a newer car...!! :eek: 

I used to joke every time Toyota wanted more NCAP stars they'd just add more airbags, but how many more can they pack in?! We'll be peak Demolition Man soon!!! :laugh: 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Nah it'll be fine, they are built into the side bolsters of the seats, although how they deploy without taking your arm off is something I don't want to find out! :fear: 

The danger is if you're using a seat cover, as that will definitely get in the way of the airbag deployment.

I am slightly terrified about the increasing number of explosive charges I'm surrounded by every time I get a newer car...!! :eek: 

I used to joke every time Toyota wanted more NCAP stars they'd just add more airbags, but how many more can they pack in?! We'll be peak Demolition Man soon!!! :laugh: 

A friend of mine had her arm broken when the steering wheel airbag on her Discovery went off at about 5mph when she hit the garden wall while driving into her driveway. 

• Sad 2

Ack, that's very unlucky - Airbags don't usually deploy for such a low speed collision!

Usually they only go off if the collision is hard enough the front of the car will be irreparably destroyed; The wall must have somehow punched through the front and hit one of the collision sensors full-on!

• Like 2

Annoying thing discovered today.  On a motorway I usually drive with hands at twenty past / twenty too. The steering wheel sensor complains I'm not holding the wheel, so forced to hold at ten too / ten past instead. 

Safer using twenty past / twenty too as it saves broken wrists if the airbag goes off. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, jthspace said:

Annoying thing discovered today.  On a motorway I usually drive with hands at twenty past / twenty too. The steering wheel sensor complains I'm not holding the wheel, so forced to hold at ten too / ten past instead. 

Safer using twenty past / twenty too as it saves broken wrists if the airbag goes off. 

You can still hold it at twenty past/to just give the wheel a slight nudge when it complains. The sensor detects movement not touch. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links