Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Magazine With Fm Module

Ismael

Hiya everybody,

I related to you some months back the problem with my Toyota CD player. :( Recap: The CD player does not play any Cd but just ejects it after I have inserted it. According to my audio accessories retail and repair shop, they have said that the lens aren't good anymore. :(

Problem: my CD player is a combo pack from Toyota with CD, tape and AM/FM radio as shown in this pic:

audio.jpg

or Audio Combo Pack

I have the cigarette lighter and coin box all in this pack! It will be hard to replace all these and try to hide the hole left if I buy an after market unit. :angry:

Solution: An option offered to me is to buy a Pioneer CD changer with FM modulator. The CD changer will emit the audio tracks through FM which I will receive with my FM receiver (radio) of my combo pack. The dealer has told me that the sound will be of good CD quality. <_<

Advantage: The adv that the dealer told me is that I can upgrade my CD changer later and make it read VCD etc if I plan to put a screen in my car...i won't have to buy another player. :rolleyes:

Now, i am in a dilemma. Should I go for the CD changer with FM mod ?

Will I get good sound?

Is this a good option?

Any better idea?

in short...HELP !! :help::help::help:

Ismael

Will I get good sound?

it will be radio quailty and not CD quality

you need to check to see if the FM modulator is illegal in your country

The FM on radio plays CD quality, doesn't it? :unsure:

The Modulator will emit on some frequency and I will be able to receive it but I guess others may not because with distance, the signal will attenuate. It will not be broadcast I mean. Well, I think so ...

Ismael

FM Modulator plugs into the antenna loom ..

Why not get a spare fascia and go aftermarket headunit?

i have a 10 disc cd changer which is fm modulated knowckign around somewhere. used to have it in my peugeot. comes with a remote to control it and the modulator block. pretty nifty really! just tune in on one fo the fm channels the correct frequency and hey presto!

:) i couldnt really tell that much diffe4rence between normal one and this one to be honest.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links