Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Part is nowhere to be found

planty482

Yesterday my rear control arm (trailing arm) literally shattered as I was driving. Thankfully I was only going 5 mph. Unfortunately everything was so rusted together I had to cut it all off. Now I'm looking for parts and I cannot find the rear brake backing plate for the life of me because Toyota discontinued it. I am seriously stumped and have nowhere else to turn. Is there some kind of generic part or something? 

I don't see anyone else with this problem so there must be a solution I'm not seeing. 

can you pm me a vin or frame number

rear arms can be a pain to find

5 hours ago, planty482 said:

Yesterday my rear control arm (trailing arm) literally shattered as I was driving. Thankfully I was only going 5 mph. Unfortunately everything was so rusted together I had to cut it all off. Now I'm looking for parts and I cannot find the rear brake backing plate for the life of me because Toyota discontinued it. I am seriously stumped and have nowhere else to turn. Is there some kind of generic part or something? 

I don't see anyone else with this problem so there must be a solution I'm not seeing. 

That backing plate is just a heatshield for the brakes to the brakelines so not essential; I'm always surprised they didn't make more as they rust to smeg over time!

You can probably make one out of sheet metal or get a fabricator to make one, esp. if you still have the old one as a template.

They can make it out of stainless instead too which should last longer!

Yes, I'm unable to find the trailing arm as well. Vin is Jt3hp10v5w7096888

On 9/5/2024 at 12:29 AM, planty482 said:

Yes, I'm unable to find the trailing arm as well. Vin is Jt3hp10v5w7096888

OEM code can be found

REAR SPRING & SHOCK ABSORBER | Toyota RAV4 SXA11L-AWMGKA SXA1# | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq

Details 48703 or 48707, but is it with or without ABS?

I can see 4871242904 and 4871242904 in Estonia 930€ 😲

ARM,RR SUSPENSION OEM 4871242904 - Originaal varuosa TOYOTA-LEXUS - alvadi.ee

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links