Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New GRS RAV4 PHEV on Monday. First things I should do?

Nick72

Moderately excited even though it's not much of a upgrade, and a bit of a downgrade in some areas.

Swap over from the 2021 PHEV Dynamic Premium. Decamping the car this weekend.

I'm a bit of a lists person and so far I have the following but what have I missed?

1. Charge and fuel it.

2. Delete the old car from My Toyota and the App. I'm probably best removing the App afterwards and reinstalling given IT shannigans?

3. Register the new car on My Toyota and the App. And something about the Infotainment that for some bizarre reason needs registering?

4. Put my horizontal and vertical cargo nets back in.

5. Put the left hand knee pad back in. 

6. Set up the configurable drivers display to something useful.

7. Write a cheat seat and laminate it on a little card for disabling the over speed limit warning before I go drive or I'll be distracted and crash despite driving under the actual speed limit. And disabling the lane trace assist if that too is enabled. 

8. Get Android Auto working and car synced with my phone. 

9. Load up all my mountain, breakdown, and survival gear. 

?

• Like 1

Plan to write an all up comparison and post here in a couple of weeks in terms of differences. Ride quality and handling, stereo, seats, displays, cameras, etc.

• Like 1

Insure it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Insure it

It's covered by a blanket corporate policy. As is maintenance, breakdown and everything else. 😀 Easy low stress motoring. 

• Like 1

Set the reverse parking guidance lines type you want when reversing

Program and set your seat memory

Set height of the boot opening.  I prefer the default of highest setting as can close from fob or in car.  

• Like 1

First thing I would do? Just drive it! 

• Like 2

Check the tyre pressures, both RAV's I had they were set badly!

Run the windscreen washers dry and refill with something decent
(I only use Prestone Max Visibility Ready To Use Screenwash 5L from Toolstation)

Boot mat? (B&M do ones I use, heavy rubber, trim to fit, covers 'most' the floor)

Angle up the dipped beams a bit, both my RAV's came set pointing 6 feet infront of the car, fine for up to 8mph!

Ensure you were issued your Toyota stuffed toy, install in pocket on back of seat.

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

My list was not dissimilar, but to potentially add to this list Nick, I took photos of the car from multiple angles, and I also screenshotted the firmware & software versions from the infotainment unit, so I can monitor for any potential OTA or service driven updates. 
I also, albeit a weekend or two later (as it hailed heavily an hour after I got home with it) waxed it thoroughly. 
A lot of the customisation settings were already done by the salesman, setting it up 'how he drove his CH-R', which seemed to be pretty much the optimum for me too, after trying other options. 

1 hour ago, Rav Rob said:

Ensure you were issued your Toyota stuffed toy

I didn't get a stuffed toy - but now I want one! 😄

• Like 1

Back in ‘21 we got this:

IMG_3419.jpeg

• Like 4

Aww, my kids would love that!  I'm writing to head office...😠

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Order a set of OE rubber mats.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SpenToy said:

Set the reverse parking guidance lines type you want when reversing

Program and set your seat memory

Set height of the boot opening.  I prefer the default of highest setting as can close from fob or in car.  

Good shout.👍❤️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Check the tyre pressures, both RAV's I had they were set badly!

Run the windscreen washers dry and refill with something decent
(I only use Prestone Max Visibility Ready To Use Screenwash 5L from Toolstation)

Boot mat? (B&M do ones I use, heavy rubber, trim to fit, covers 'most' the floor)

Angle up the dipped beams a bit, both my RAV's came set pointing 6 feet infront of the car, fine for up to 8mph!

Ensure you were issued your Toyota stuffed toy, install in pocket on back of seat.

Enjoy!!

Good shout! 👍👍

I've got some minus 40 screen wash. Was expensive but the stuff the current R4P came with was freezing up on the motorway at 0C.

How do you adjust beam angle on the lights?

Stuffed toy?

I just remembered I got to set the parking brake to automatic based on shifter position! And set the surround camera to come on automatically at low speed. Making a note here so I don't forget.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, P_J said:

My list was not dissimilar, but to potentially add to this list Nick, I took photos of the car from multiple angles, and I also screenshotted the firmware & software versions from the infotainment unit, so I can monitor for any potential OTA or service driven updates. 
I also, albeit a weekend or two later (as it hailed heavily an hour after I got home with it) waxed it thoroughly. 
A lot of the customisation settings were already done by the salesman, setting it up 'how he drove his CH-R', which seemed to be pretty much the optimum for me too, after trying other options. 

I didn't get a stuffed toy - but now I want one! 😄

Never thought of that. I'm going to do that. Thank you. ❤️👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

Back in ‘21 we got this:

IMG_3419.jpeg

I never got one! Suspect it went to the dealership staff kids! Darn it!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

Order a set of OE rubber mats.

Got the Toyota ones on the current car. They've been great. 

• Like 1

Assuming it's still not enabled by default and can only be enabled by the dealer (or someone with the right equipment), if you want to be able to open or close the windows from the key fob ask the dealer to enable it before* delivery.

* Some have reported their dealer trying to charge a fee to do this if requested later!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PeteB said:

Assuming it's still not enabled by default and can only be enabled by the dealer (or someone with the right equipment), if you want to be able to open or close the windows from the key fob ask the dealer to enable it before* delivery.

* Some have reported their dealer trying to charge a fee to do this if requested later!

I've given up on asking them to do this Pete. I've asked 4 times when the car has been in for something and each time they forgot.

I'm going to sort it via an App and the thingy port adapter. 

• Sad 1

I guess I'm lucky to have a brill dealer!

• Thanks 1

Just now, PeteB said:

I guess I'm lucky to have a brill dealer!

Mine is naff 

Just now, Nick72 said:

Mine is naff 

Yeah, I think I got that.  🙃

• Haha 1

I don't know why Toyota don't trust their customers with this feature, every other manufacturer I'm aware of that has it enables it by default.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links