Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to stop asking for 6-digit pin?

vad

When I'm driving, I'm using Apple Carplay and navigation from the phone, never using car's own navigation. But as I'm driving, every now and then the display tells me to enter 6-digit pin. I close it without entering anything and continue. Can anybody tell what is this PIN for, why is it asking for it while everything seems to be working, and how to get rid of this prompt?

I believe you can lock your profile on the facelift models with a PIN.

It's not something I've set myself, but I remember seeing something about it on the settings in the infotainment screen.

Is it this screen below as you might have the car setup to recognise someone by pin rather than device. It the only place I can think of that asks for a pin on the car. If you have setup security on the infotainment system this is normally a proper password and should only come into play if the car looses complete power and you then power it up again, it protects the users details if someone tries to nick the unit or something like that.

Registering a user profile for the first time (Type B)

1. 1  After start the vehicle, the language selection screen will be dis- played. Touch the desired language.

Select the display language when registering the driver. After completing the driver registration, the system language will return to the default language.

This screen may not be displayed in some countries or areas.

2. 2  To register a user profile, touch [Create].

If you do not want to register a profile, touch [Don't create now]. If you touch [Do not show setup again], the profile registration screen will no longer be displayed.

3. 3  Enter the user profile name.

4. 4  Enter the desired PIN code.

Set a PIN code to protect the priva- cy of the user profile.

To register a profile without setting a PIN code, touch [Skip].

5. 5  Reenter your PIN code to register your profile.
    Once registration is complete, a message is displayed and your profile is saved.

1. 6  After registering your profile, register a device in order to identify the driver. To continue with setup, touch [Continue].

You can also register a device at a later time.

2. 7  Register a device on the driver list screen. By registering a device to identify the driver, your profile will be automatically loaded.

Screen Shot 2024-09-11 at 15.43.25 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

I finally entered the pin once, and it looks like the prompts have stopped. Still don't quite understand why was this necessary.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links