Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Subwoofer help!! Aygo 2015

Pepperito

Hi! I bought an active subwoofer, I have all the cables and I have understood where to plug them in and so on (first time installing a subwoofer in any car), but the issue I am having is I have no idea how to get the cable from the Battery to the subwoofer, does anyone know? The more details and photos the better. Thanks in advance!! 

A rubber grommet next to the brake booster.  You'll see a pile of wiring harness feeds through the firewall.  On the rubber grommet, there's a plastic tube sticking out, cut the tip off (purple circle)

image.thumb.jpeg.d511e3c51c04b0b9483ff7a52343c386.jpeg

Poke it with a screw driver so it forces a piece of sound dendening off the back of the firewall.

image.thumb.jpeg.6bf427a71ed4b1b65b69ea9004b6eba9.jpeg

Remove the screwdriver then feed the wire through it.  You'll find the cable appear between the clutch and brake pedal creeping out of a piece of sound dendening material.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:19 AM, Vandals01 said:

A rubber grommet next to the brake booster.  You'll see a pile of wiring harness feeds through the firewall.  On the rubber grommet, there's a plastic tube sticking out, cut the tip off (purple circle)

image.thumb.jpeg.d511e3c51c04b0b9483ff7a52343c386.jpeg

Poke it with a screw driver so it forces a piece of sound dendening off the back of the firewall.

image.thumb.jpeg.6bf427a71ed4b1b65b69ea9004b6eba9.jpeg

Remove the screwdriver then feed the wire through it.  You'll find the cable appear between the clutch and brake pedal creeping out of a piece of sound dendening material.

I don't have that one in mine, or if it is there it must be covered up, is there any other way? 😧

Differences between Left-Hand Drive & Right-Hand Drive Aygo?

As far as I know, all Right-Hand Drive Aygo have this rubber grommet in both earlier version (mk1) and later version (mk2).

On the Left-Hand drive vehicle, it could be flipped over, check the other side.

(Never set my hand on LHD Aygo before so I'm just guessing at this point).

• Like 1

Strange, cos our similar Mk1 Peugeot 107 had a spare lug on main rubber grommet, which I used for this very purpose and also checked our similar Mk2 Peugeot 108 with Toyota 1.0 engine, while working on it yesterday and that has a spare lug as per Vince's pic. 

LHD has the loom flipped compared to an RHD, the grommet on LHD is behind the fuse box on the firewall by the strut tower

Remove the Battery, remove the wipers, lift the scuttle, unplug the wiper motor 2x 10mm bolts and you can unclip the wiper motor/ linkage - now you can remove the metal scuttle tray what has 8 bolts, 4 on each side

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links