Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris warming

Jayne9726

I have just had this warning pop up and can’t see what it means - anyone any wiser than me?

IMG_4942.jpeg

From the symbol I assume it's saying the Road Sign Assist is turned off or stopped working for some reason. (I don't know why they love making these messages to needlessly obtuse!)

Maybe check a bird hasn't managed to poop exactly on the camera pod behind the rear view mirror??

• Like 2

Hi Jayne and welcome to the forum.

I believe that that is telling you that the forward facing camera used for various safety systems has malfunctioned. (it is located in the unit that also has the rear view mirror hanging off it) The icon is pretty misleading but I believe that it is meant to be a magnifying glass with a pointer pointing to the upper windscreen on the car... (or it could be the symbol for a road sign)

Is this coming up every time you start the car? If so, firstly check for obstructions on the screen by the camera unit and if clear, a visit to the dealer would be my first port of call (since it looks like yours is brand new...)

• Like 2

I think the lollipop is supposed to be a road sign, and the white V is a vision cone from the car looking at the sign (I have to interpret obscure iconography a lot in my job :laugh: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, CPN said:

Hi Jayne and welcome to the forum.

I believe that that is telling you that the forward facing camera used for various safety systems has malfunctioned. (it is located in the unit that also has the rear view mirror hanging off it) The icon is pretty misleading but I believe that it is meant to be a magnifying glass with a pointer pointing to the upper windscreen on the car... (or it could be the symbol for a road sign)

Is this coming up every time you start the car? If so, firstly check for obstructions on the screen by the camera unit and if clear, a visit to the dealer would be my first port of call (since it looks like yours is brand new...)

It only happened today whilst I was driving  and after the petrol tank fell below 20 miles. I will check the cameras though and if it persists will go to dealer as it’s only 6 weeks old thank you 

• Like 3

If it is new it's worth notifying the dealer by e-mail that it's happened, just to get it on record.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jayne9726 said:

It only happened today whilst I was driving  and after the petrol tank fell below 20 miles. I will check the cameras though and if it persists will go to dealer as it’s only 6 weeks old thank you 

Did it clear when you restarted Jayne?

11 hours ago, CPN said:

Did it clear when you restarted Jayne?

I had adaptive cruise control do that coming up to Birmingham on the M6 yesterday. Couldn't stop but about 10 minutes later it cleared. There was some heavy rain but not when it happened.  I'll let the dealer know.  

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

I think the lollipop is supposed to be a road sign, and the white V is a vision cone from the car looking at the sign (I have to interpret obscure iconography a lot in my job :laugh: )

I thought it was someone trying to set fire to your car with a Magnifying glass😁

Kev.

• Haha 4

All sorts can affect these systems. If it happens once in a long while I wouldn't worry. 

I had an Hyundai a few years ago with radar sensing for collision/cruise. Not long after getting it I was driving in the wet and it flagged an error. Pulled into a layby and there was a wet leaf stuck in the middle of the sensor pad - not even a very big one. Swiped it off and all was good. Never happened again in about 18 months. 

If that had been on a windscreen based sensor the fault would have cleared once the wipers cleaned it off and I'd probably never have known what happened.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links