Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Fog lights

Qasim

Dear Members,

This is my new Yaris Cross got it yesterday.

I was checking rear lights,Switching rear fogs light only turn one light on?Secondly I have noticed difference between two small light just adjacent to indicators.(The one small red turned on is different than on left side which didn’t turn ?)

can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

IMG_4976.jpeg

Is the opposite side the reversing light?   One rear fog light is quite normal.

• Like 1

And one reverse light to the left. 

That's all that is required - Fog on the right, Reverse on the Left or middle of the bumper

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

That's all that is required - Fog on the right, Reverse on the Left or middle of the bumper

Ahan I did not know that older does used to have two rear fog lights.

Left side is for reversing?

4 minutes ago, Corollanutter said:

Is the opposite side the reversing light?   One rear fog light is quite normal.

I see.I thought this is a anomaly or my light is not working.I was scared.My old corsa had two rear fog lights and 2 reversing lights 😂

14 minutes ago, Qasim said:

I see.I thought this is a anomaly or my light is not working.I was scared.My old corsa had two rear fog lights and 2 reversing lights 😂

It's what they call "value engineering" 🙂

• Haha 3

All the Yaris's from the 1999 launch of the Mk1 to the current Mk4 only have 1 rear fog - on the drivers side. The passenger side has the reverse light. Quite a lot of cars have to make do with just the one fog light on the back. Causes less dazzle to motorists following behind. 

Also makes it easier to see brake lights 

Hmm, I've not looked but I thought my Mk4 has 2 rear fog lights - There is only a single reverse light but, unusually, it's in the middle!

And presumably, cheaper to build it that way.

10 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Hmm, I've not looked but I thought my Mk4 has 2 rear fog lights - There is only a single reverse light but, unusually, it's in the middle!

According to the manual both the fog light and reverse light is in the middle on the not cross. 

3 hours ago, Stevie J said:

All the Yaris's from the 1999 launch of the Mk1 to the current Mk4 only have 1 rear fog - on the drivers side. The passenger side has the reverse light.

That's not exactly correct. My 2nd facelift Mk 3 has just the one fog but has reversing lights on both sides.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/218112-toyota-yaris-hybrid-no-reversing-light-in-cluster/?do=findComment&comment=1754554

16 minutes ago, MikeSh said:

That's not exactly correct. My 2nd facelift Mk 3 has just the one fog but has reversing lights on both sides.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/218112-toyota-yaris-hybrid-no-reversing-light-in-cluster/?do=findComment&comment=1754554

Yep, thinking about it, you could be right there - I know mine has only one of each, but my mother's 2019 one has the different type tail lights to mine so it may well have 2 reverse lights. I presume they are the 2 round innermost lights on the tailgate. The fog must still be the driver's side lower red light below the bumper?.  I stand corrected. All Yaris models up until the one I have now, only had one of each light.

Having not seen the fog light working on my mother's, could you confirm if it's the one pointed to on my picture?

Screenshot 2023-01-22 005252_a.jpg

2 hours ago, Stevie J said:

Having not seen the fog light working on my mother's, could you confirm if it's the one pointed to on my picture?

Mine's an 18 so probably the same as a 19. Not as you marked anyway. The link I gave above is to my post with photos of actual illumination, so probably easiest to look at that. 

The red bits low down in the bumper/skirt are just reflectors.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevie J said:

Yep, thinking about it, you could be right there - I know mine has only one of each, but my mother's 2019 one has the different type tail lights to mine so it may well have 2 reverse lights. I presume they are the 2 round innermost lights on the tailgate. The fog must still be the driver's side lower red light below the bumper?.  I stand corrected. All Yaris models up until the one I have now, only had one of each light.

Screenshot 2023-01-22 005252_a.jpg

These aren’t fig lights. These are light reflectors. Fog lights are built into the brake lights clusters. 

• Like 1

on the Mk3 second facelift, the fog is on the tailgate, 2 reverse lights (1 each side next to the fog) and reflectors in the bumper

on the driver's side, the other side is blanked off

LHD car - the fog is in the left tailgate housing (driver's side) as pictured below - And In the right housing on a RHD

278925609_10225041209210735_674644103530

278935991_10225041208890727_447811416326

Mk3 1st facelift has the fog and reverse light in the lower bumper

• Like 1

Does anyone know about Yaris cross fog lights ?

its already been posted above in the first 3-4 posts

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

Thanks alot.Actually I am new to this forum and finding difficult to find information due to so many adds .

13 hours ago, MikeSh said:

And my Tsport has rear fogs on both sides.

23 hours ago, Ralph H said:

According to the manual both the fog light and reverse light is in the middle on the not cross. 

Could be - I've literally never used them!! :laugh: 

6 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

And my Tsport has rear fogs on both sides.

Is that because its a jap import - Didn't they have supplementary fogs in the bumper. The usual UK spec Yaris Mk1 only had one fog and one reverse. There was no room in the light cluster to include 2 fog lights one on each side.

34 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Could be - I've literally never used them!! :laugh: 

No me neither that’s why I looked in the manual 😀

• Like 1

I think the world would be a better place without rear (or front for that matter) as they were introduced when rear lights were at candle level. Modern rear lights even non LED) are far superior to 1980 lights. The downside of people turning them on for light rain is far more distracting than the odd occasion they are actually needed.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links