Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brand new Corolla TS 2.0 aesthetic issues

s_corolla

51 minutes ago, s_corolla said:

I called the finance company to cancel within 14 days but they said the dealership has to do that. They advised I should push the dealership to cancel before first payment is due but they obviously don't care much.

Go to a different dealership in the network. Any dealership can cancel it. Your contract is with Toyota not the individual dealer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul john said:

Go to a different dealership in the network. Any dealership can cancel it. Your contract is with Toyota not the individual dealer. 

I spoke with the finance company. I can't just leave the car and walk away. Unless the dealership cancel's the contract with them I am still liable for payments. Since I am minimally using the car due to being unable to purchase another one I have read that I need to inform them that I am doing it under protest so they can't use it as an excuse not to take it back. Raising a complaint about the car seems to be a lot of hassle and the dealership can make it as difficult as they wish. I'm not surprised they asked me to sign the docs first. Essentially, they sell you crap and you have to go through the procedure of rejecting the vehicle. They can postpone the response and by the time you get the Ombudsman involved you can end up with a car that you can't use for up to 6 months.

I think you have started the complain on the wrong side and if you really want to return for refund you need to change the tactics. 
What I would have done if I was in your position is to call the dealership that I have bought the car and ask to speak to the manager. Then explain to him that the car is a lemon and under no circumstances I will keep it and arrange a return process. I will not ask if I can or when I can return, no arrange a Toyota inspection or anything. The ground for return will be unacceptable quality of the car plus poor customer service from his colleagues.
In the first 14 days after purchase you can return everything including cars. I will not listen to them what they said about how difficult and what it takes to do so, I will tell the manager that I am coming to give the car back. I will go there with both keys , paperwork, and will meet him in person and stand for my rights. 
perhaps a legal advice from citizens advice bureau or similar authorities will be taken too. 

• Like 2

It's still withing 14 days, the T&Cs particulars are saying something 14 days/30 days about it. It is not that long to read and re-read that part. Reject the car, don't wait for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

It's still withing 14 days, the T&Cs particulars are saying something 14 days/30 days about it. It is not that long to read and re-read that part. Reject the car, don't wait for them.

I appreciate everyone's input, thanks guys. It says you can return within 14 days only in case of a full distance sale, i.e. they brought the car to your home. Otherwise the 30 days period apply where the car actually has to have some sort of a fault. The PCP document states that you must inspect the car on delivery (clearly my mistake for not insisting on this) or report issues within 5 days of collection (done within 48 hours)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, s_corolla said:

I appreciate everyone's input, thanks guys. It says you can return within 14 days only in case of a full distance sale, i.e. they brought the car to your home. Otherwise the 30 days period apply where the car actually has to have some sort of a fault. The PCP document states that you must inspect the car on delivery (clearly my mistake for not insisting on this) or report issues within 5 days of collection (done within 48 hours)

You have all rights to reject the car as it is obvious not in satisfactory condition. Not always is possible to detect all defects prior to delivery / collection but you are also not happy with the car built quality and dealer service. That’s it. Car needs to go back and they has to return all your money. No questions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Paul john said:

Your contract is with Toyota not the individual dealer. 

The contract of sale is between the seller and buyer - ie. the dealer and the customer.

Same as if you buy a washing machine - the contract is with the store selling the appliance, not the manufacturer

• Like 2

What about when the dealer sells you a contract with a finance company?

4 minutes ago, ThomasL said:

What about when the dealer sells you a contract with a finance company?

The contract of sale is still between the seller (dealer) and the customer. 

The finance agreement is different to the contract of sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links