Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3rd gen yaris

Ceasar812

I am going to buy a Yaris but I'm not sure what gen. I've got some good feedback on the 2nd gen, but any info on the third gen would be appreciated.

Do all 3rd gen have the 1.33L engine? Anything I should know that would be a deal breaker?

It would depend on what your budget/manual/auto/hybrid etc. 

• Like 1

As Mojo infers you need to be specific about your needs/desires. Both versions have engine and transmission variants that can be good or bad, never mind the body and systems.

I've heard the 1.33L engine is bad and the Auto tranny on 2nd gen is to be avoided.  

My budget is $7,000 I need to know if all engines after 09 are 1.33. And which is better auto tranny or manual for 3rd gen. Thank you for your input so far. 

Toyota cvt auto are ok, hybrids are the best automatics, there are another type of auto transmission called MMT, these are the worst transmissions ever. They are actually automated manuals. They have gears and clutch which are operated by actuators and they all fail soon or late. 
About the 1.33 engines, they are fine but been noted on early models 2009-2012 high oil consumption. 
Best option for you will be cvt auto or manual and made post 2012 to avoid any oil burning issues. 

• Like 1

OP has another thread, location is key with these threads to what is available in their market

• Like 1

I found an 09. Manual transmission. But he says it's 1.5L vv1 engine. Is there such an engine?

In the UK there are no 1.5 for the gen2, your region likely differ. As mentioned above, do not get the auto gen2 with the mmt box. Gen2 manual is good, then save up in the future for the gen4 hybrid.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

In the UK there are no 1.5 for the gen2, your region likely differ. As mentioned above, do not get the auto gen2 with the mmt box. Gen2 manual is good, then save up in the future for the gen4 hybrid.

That is dependent on op's location Canada and the US markets differ, and then you have the AU and NZ markets that have no end of JDM used cars as well as domestic market cars then you have the UAE which is a very different market

I live in the United States.  Does anyone know if the 1.5L is available here. Y'all's input is so helpful. Thanks 

do you have a VIN for the car you are looking at, Hatchback or Saloon?

The Mk3 Yaris hatch didn't come out in the States until 2011 (japan built) or French built from 2013-2019

I don't have the vin but I heard that it starts with a JB it's good. If not it's French built. Am I correct?

It's a 2 door hatchback. 

Thee text was hard to read but it looks like DTDJ.

Check that vin number. It's JTDT.

I think the 1.5L engine was the ONLY engine you could get in the USA for the Mk2. I don't think it's the same engine the euro/jappy 1.5L Mk1 T-Sport has, but as far as I know it's a decent solid engine.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I don't think it's the same engine the euro/jappy 1.5L Mk1 T-Sport has, but as far as I know it's a decent solid engine.

Not many can handle the power of the Tsport engine.

* Just my sense of humour* for our American friend.

• Haha 4

Bring on that Tsport engine and this Southern boy will win every time! 

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links