Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It's here... 2024 GRS PHEV vs 2021 Dynamic Prem PHEV

Nick72

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, just ordered CC2 SUV’s from Costco. 235/19 101v. £530 including fitting etc. (£78 off the normal Costco prices, fitting free + extra £30 off) seems to be the best deal I can find, on order fitting next Friday)

Thanks Ernie. That's a bargain. So naïve question from me... Do you order online and book a slot at the nearest Costco for fitting?

And do they swap over the TPMS sensors and set all that back up?

5 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

The TMPS valves are fitted to the rim so are not impacted by a change of tyre. All the fitter has to do is reinflate the tyres to the correct pressure.

If the correct pressure for the new tyres is different to that for the old the TMPS pressure settings would need to be reset but that is very rarely the case.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The TMPS valves are fitted to the rim so are not impacted by a change of tyre. All the fitter has to do is reinflate the tyres to the correct pressure.

If the correct pressure for the new tyres is different to that for the old the TMPS pressure settings would need to be reset but that is very rarely the case.

Didn't know that. Thanks Philip. Very helpful. For some reason I assumed it was part of the valve. 🤦

You choose Costco branch and the slot online, branch will call you to confirm later.

Worth applying for a Michelin cashback here, worst case it will be refused:
https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/people-in-motion-offer?analytics_context={"screen_name"%3A"deal"%2C"thread_id"%3A4396041%2C"thread_list_utm"%3A"listing%3Dsearch&search_term=225%2F40"}

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Didn't know that. Thanks Philip. Very helpful. For some reason I assumed it was part of the valve. 🤦

It is part of the valve, and the valve is fitted to the rim (alloy wheel) rather than the tyre (rubbery thing) ... 😉 

• Thanks 1

Hi Nick, really nice write-up, thanks.  I'm really confused about one thing though; what is the Volume Knob of your display doing on the right when mine (delivered in March), is on the left?  Don't say we're getting different models down here in the South than you up North???!!!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Haven't managed to get the built in sat Nav on the drivers display or the HUD ye

Mine only works when there is a destination set. (And it is selected to be part of the HUD)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavidinDerbyshire said:

Mine only works when there is a destination set. (And it is selected to be part of the HUD)

Thanks David. I need to check the settings. 

3 hours ago, Maxrob said:

Hi Nick, really nice write-up, thanks.  I'm really confused about one thing though; what is the Volume Knob of your display doing on the right when mine (delivered in March), is on the left?  Don't say we're getting different models down here in the South than you up North???!!!

It's on the left (passenger side) so consistently on the wrong side between north and south. 😂 Every other country including RHD vehicles in Japan, Aus, etc. has the volume nob nearest the driver. 

It's a real stretch for me as my seat is set so far back because I'm tall. Not quite the same rapid and accurate control via the steering controls. 

7 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Thanks Ernie. That's a bargain. So naïve question from me... Do you order online and book a slot at the nearest Costco for fitting?

Ordered on line and at the same time book install slot. 
I have used Costco in the past with no issues about TPMS sensors. However, they did mess one up one onthe Subaru XV - it was no issue other than I had to order the new part and they paid me. If they’d been able to source one within their own system they would have managed the lot. Subaru was very bespoke and cost £105! Ouch, they didn’t blink just credited my card and refitted. I was pretty OK with that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Ordered on line and at the same time book install slot. 
I have used Costco in the past with no issues about TPMS sensors. However, they did mess one up one onthe Subaru XV - it was no issue other than I had to order the new part and they paid me. If they’d been able to source one within their own system they would have managed the lot. Subaru was very bespoke and cost £105! Ouch, they didn’t blink just credited my card and refitted. I was pretty OK with that. 

Thanks Ernie.

This kind of worries me a little given it's a company lease car. Though I've squared off with them on swapping the tyres over given I need snow and ice capable tyres. I did think about getting Toyota to do it but suspect I'll pay double and they don't do weekends and bolt the door shut at 5pm weekdays 😂.

I might give Costco a go. The nearest one to me is 35 miles away over a very busy motorway and city stretch. 1hr there and 1hr back. 

So I'm going to weigh up what it costs locally and if it's no more than 100 quid more I'll go there. Of it's more than I'll go Costco. Going to get some quotes this weekend then book something. 

Do you know if Costco operate on the weekends?

I have had new tyres on mine and no problem with TPMS, same on previous cars with TPMS (Volvo and VW). Why would there be? I don’t understand the concern. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

I have had new tyres on mine and no problem with TPMS, same on previous cars with TPMS (Volvo and VW). Why would there be? I don’t understand the concern. 

I'm too used to folks ***ING up simple stuff. 😂

5 hours ago, DavidinDerbyshire said:

Sorted. Got it working. I needed to cancel the adaptive cruise display from the HUD. It's actually quite good with animation on roundabouts and complex junctions.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Thanks Ernie.

This kind of worries me a little given it's a company lease car. Though I've squared off with them on swapping the tyres over given I need snow and ice capable tyres. I did think about getting Toyota to do it but suspect I'll pay double and they don't do weekends and bolt the door shut at 5pm weekdays 😂.

I might give Costco a go. The nearest one to me is 35 miles away over a very busy motorway and city stretch. 1hr there and 1hr back. 

So I'm going to weigh up what it costs locally and if it's no more than 100 quid more I'll go there. Of it's more than I'll go Costco. Going to get some quotes this weekend then book something. 

Do you know if Costco operate on the weekends?

I’m a word yes - one of the good things about ordering on line and booking. Assume you are a Costco member?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I’m a word yes - one of the good things about ordering on line and booking. Assume you are a Costco member?

Not a member but would need to join. I have a private side business from my day job so I can do the VAT registered thing if needed?

12 hours ago, Nick72 said:

I'm too used to folks ***ING up simple stuff. 😂

But the TPMS units are not touched! I have had tyres fitted at various different places. In fact I have just realised my Audi A6 and Merc CLK had TPMS too. Given all newer cars have had TPMS for probably 10 years or more, I am sure if there was a problem with tyre fitting it would be all over soshal mejia. You worry too much! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Not a member but would need to join. I have a private side business from my day job so I can do the VAT registered thing if needed?

As a business you have certain extra option but even as a normal buyer you can pay extra (not a massive amount) and get 4% cash back over the year and get access to the store at 10am rather than 11am.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

But the TPMS units are not touched! I have had tyres fitted at various different places. In fact I have just realised my Audi A6 and Merc CLK had TPMS too. Given all newer cars have had TPMS for probably 10 years or more, I am sure if there was a problem with tyre fitting it would be all over soshal mejia. You worry too much! 

True. Though I had to fix my boiler myself (20 minutes work) after the plumbing firm failed to fix it 4 times in over 8hrs of work and also misconnected the connectors onto the main board. It happens all the time to me. I'm forever doing other people's jobs. 🤷😂 So now I'm ultra cautious and if there's a DIY option (that I have the tools for) then that's usually right first time.

On 9/11/2024 at 7:00 PM, Bozz said:

I've come from a 2021 Corolla to a 2024 RAV 4 PHEV Design and must admit there are some major plusses and minusses.

I've done less than 100 miles in the RAV and already miss the side proximity sensors on the Corolla and wish the Design had the 360 degree camera - that's maybe the only thing. I drove a GR Sport before ordering the DESIGN but didn't realise that the GRS came with differently tuned suspension too. The DESIGN suspension is OK but doesn't like big sudden undulations and seems a bit uncontrolled at times.

Hey Ho

The Rav 4 feels heavy but it is much quieter than the Corolla even on CC2's which I had put on the car before delivery. Amazingly refined tyre for such an aggressive tread pattern.

Boot storage is another issue. The Corolla ST had the transverse storage box, the side box and bag hooks all of which are lacking on the RAV 4 - amazing how useful those features are.

Annoying driver aids on the RAV some of which can be turned off but were off by default on the Corolla. Maybe I'll learn to live with them.

The RAV definitely seems built to a higher quality standard and the interior is a nicer place to be. 

As a driver I feel more remote from what's going on under the bonnet which is a bit sad. At least on the Corolla there was an analogue rev counter so it was obvious when the engine was running or working hard.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

B

i went from a 2023 Corolla TS to the 2024 Rav4, similar thoughts,  the Rav4 I got has the parking sensors, but without the automatic breaking feature, I miss that.   the Rav4 is much quieter inside when driving, and can hardly hear the engine when its running, the Corolla had a lot of road noise when driving, and the engine noise was much more noticeable.  Boot storage, in the Corolla it had lots of storage spaces in the boot,   the Rav4 is just an open space, and no storage under the floor, as the spare wheel takes up all the space.   The build quality on the Rav4 seems much better.   the rev counter was a handy feature on the Corolla i had it set as my main display.

one difference that I like is the Rav4 comes with a 55L fuel tank, where the Corolla had a 43L tank.  before buying the Rav I test drove the GR Sport PHEV, and was impressed with the acceleration, but decided to stick with  a HEV Rav4, as I do low mileage, and didn't want to be plugging in to charge.

the Rav4 design seems a little dated compared to other manufacturers, but I like that.

overall happy with the change, fuel economy  is very similar to the Corolla,   on the Rav I get 5.4L/100KM on a 3hr motorway drive,  the same drive with the Corolla, was 4.7L/100KM,  but I only have 1700km on the Rav4 so I expect the economy to get a little better.

can anyone recommend boot storage that clips to the back of rear seats?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J2024IE said:

i went from a 2023 Corolla TS to the 2024 Rav4, similar thoughts,  the Rav4 I got has the parking sensors, but without the automatic breaking feature, I miss that.   the Rav4 is much quieter inside when driving, and can hardly hear the engine when its running, the Corolla had a lot of road noise when driving, and the engine noise was much more noticeable.  Boot storage, in the Corolla it had lots of storage spaces in the boot,   the Rav4 is just an open space, and no storage under the floor, as the spare wheel takes up all the space.   The build quality on the Rav4 seems much better.   the rev counter was a handy feature on the Corolla i had it set as my main display.

one difference that I like is the Rav4 comes with a 55L fuel tank, where the Corolla had a 43L tank.  before buying the Rav I test drove the GR Sport PHEV, and was impressed with the acceleration, but decided to stick with  a HEV Rav4, as I do low mileage, and didn't want to be plugging in to charge.

the Rav4 design seems a little dated compared to other manufacturers, but I like that.

overall happy with the change, fuel economy  is very similar to the Corolla,   on the Rav I get 5.4L/100KM on a 3hr motorway drive,  the same drive with the Corolla, was 4.7L/100KM,  but I only have 1700km on the Rav4 so I expect the economy to get a little better.

can anyone recommend boot storage that clips to the back of rear seats?

Boot storage attached to rear seats... I think they're all much for muchness the same. 

Here's my set up...

Back of seats cheap bag that attaches to head rests and velcros on to the back of the seats. Loads on Amazon.

Vertical pouch cargo net.

Horizontal cargo net.

20240912_161058.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/12/2024 at 7:25 AM, ernieb said:

@Nick72, just ordered CC2 SUV’s from Costco. 235/19 101v. £530 including fitting etc. (£78 off the normal Costco prices, fitting free + extra £30 off) seems to be the best deal I can find, on order fitting next Friday)

I've been looking around my neighbourhood in a 10 mile radius and can't get anywhere close to that price. Typically around 700 to 750 quid. 

I think I'm going to go the Costco route. Bit of a trek to my nearest which is Haydock Park, Manchester way. 

On 9/12/2024 at 8:43 AM, Nick72 said:

Just got a flash sale deal via black circles. 2 or more all seasons for 15% off. They have partner fitting companies. One of which was ATS Euromaster literally 10 minutes drive away from me. Booked in first slot on Saturday.

594 quid for 4 off CC2 SUVs. 235 55 R19 101V. Hopefully I've ordered the right size and ratings. 😂

Costco would have saved me c. 60 quid but was going to be a best part of a 3hr round trip all things considered and 10 or 12 quid of fuel. Seemed like a reasonable trade. 

Thanks for the suggestion @ernieb because without it I had no target best price point. Will report on how differently the new car runs. Hoping that firmer suspension, sharper steering, and CC2s are a winning combo for my use cases.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Just got a flash sale deal via black circles. 2 or more all seasons for 15% off. They have partner fitting companies. One of which was ATS Euromaster literally 10 minutes drive away from me. Booked in first slot on Saturday.

594 quid for 4 off CC2 SUVs. 235 55 R19 101V. Hopefully I've ordered the right size and ratings. 😂

Costco would have saved me c. 60 quid but was going to be a best part of a 3hr round trip all things considered and 10 or 12 quid of fuel. Seemed like a reasonable trade. 

Thanks for the suggestion @ernieb because without it I had no target best price point. Will report on how differently the new car runs. Hoping that firmer suspension, sharper steering, and CC2s are a winning combo for my use cases.

That all makes perfect sense and I’d probably do the same. My Costco is about 18 miles away but I will link the tyre change so I can do some more general shopping. 
The SUV branding is I believe that they tyre has a firmer side wall.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links