Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 PHEV GR SPORT - Dual Dash Cam

GilesC

I've ordered the RAV4 PHEV GR SPORT over the weekend. The dealer has added the pre-installed Front and Rear Dash-cams. But I note from the brochure that it says this option isn't available for the GR Sport model (which is a shame, as I do want to have Dash-cams installed, and would prefer it done by Toyota).

Anyone have this option installed on this model? Just wondering if the brochure is out of date or if the dealer is wrong.

• Like 1

Just looking at the current price list I can see that the Nextbase dashcams are listed as an option for the HEV Design and Excel grades but not GR Sport. The dashcams are not listed as an option for either grade of the PHEV - Design or GR Sport. I've no idea why ... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use Garmin dashcams on 24 Rav4,  garmin Dashcam mini at the rear, and 67w at the front. video quality is very good.

the mini was easy to install, and with the supplied usb adaptor, plugs into the 12v socket in boot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J2024IE said:

I use Garmin dashcams on 24 Rav4,  garmin dashcam mini at the rear, and 67w at the front. video quality is very good.

the mini was easy to install, and with the supplied usb adaptor, plugs into the 12v socket in boot.

My reason for the dealer to install the toyota version would be it would be hardwired in and not use any of the existing sockets. Will just wait and see what happens when it arrives...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GilesC said:

I've ordered the RAV4 PHEV GR SPORT over the weekend. The dealer has added the pre-installed Front and Rear Dash-cams. But I note from the brochure that it says this option isn't available for the GR Sport model (which is a shame, as I do want to have Dash-cams installed, and would prefer it done by Toyota).

Anyone have this option installed on this model? Just wondering if the brochure is out of date or if the dealer is wrong.

they are dealer fit, just ask them.

I have ordered them for my forthcoming Corolla TS even though they don't appear in the options list for that model.  The Nextbase 380 probably would not have been my first  choice but I wanted them dealer installed in case of any issues & warranty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GilesC said:

I have the same car you have ordered, and when I ordered it I also wanted the same dual Dashcam.  When the car arrived, the dealer fitted it for me, very neat job and it works flawlessly.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PJF said:

I have the same car you have ordered, and when I ordered it I also wanted the same dual dashcam.  When the car arrived, the dealer fitted it for me, very neat job and it works flawlessly.

Thanks! Perfect - sets my mind at ease, just have to back to waiting now...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GilesC said:

Thanks! Perfect - sets my mind at ease, just have to back to waiting now...

I didn't have the option in the order forms when I ordered the car so I assumed it wasn't an option.😥

I could always go back to them and get one fitted. Might look into that. 

What's put me off to date was risk of excessive power draw on the 12V Battery which is weak. Current leakage when off. 

25 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

What's put me off to date was risk of excessive power draw on the 12V battery which is weak. Current leakage when off.

Not a problem. The Toyota install instructions hardwire the dashcams to the switched side of the 12V supply so they can't draw power when the car is off. Some folk may have an issue with that because it inhibits "parking mode" surveillance ...

• Like 1

My dealer has hard-wired the Nextbase 380GW in my last 3 models, but they insist on sticking it above the Windscreen wiper arc so that when it rains, you have a beautiful picture of "raindrops falling on my windscreen"!  They say it's because of the MOT requirement to keep the percentage of windscreen clear, but I pointed out to them that, if they put it an inch lower, it's still above the lowered sun visor at it's lowest position. So, after a bit of effort, I unstuck it and lowered it, and showed it to an MOT mechanic who said it was perfectly ok.

• Like 1

I took delivery of My GR Sport Phev in July and the dealer had fitted nextbase front and rear cams for me (included the Battery for Park mode as well which they said it didn't so I went and purchased one.... so I now have a spare 🙂 )

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 6:26 PM, dkp001 said:

I took delivery of My GR Sport Phev in July and the dealer had fitted nextbase front and rear cams for me (included the battery for Park mode as well which they said it didn't so I went and purchased one.... so I now have a spare 🙂 )

Interested. Which model?

How long does the park mode Battery last? And where is the Battery positioned?

Just out of a matter of interest, why do many of you get Toyota dealer dash cams fitted and how much does this cost? 

If you don't mind me asking

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GBgraham said:

Just out of a matter of interest, why do many of you get Toyota dealer dash cams fitted and how much does this cost? 

If you don't mind me asking

Folk get a Dashcam fitted for the reassurance of having evidence available in the event of an insurance claim.

The UK Price List includes the Nextbase Dashcam as a "Toyota" accessory for Centre Fitment Only. Toyota provide the dealer with detailed instructions on how to fit the dash cams to specific Toyota models. So for me it was easiest to get the dealer to fit the Dashcam before delivery - there's no issue surrounding warranty and it's obvious who's at fault if it isn't fitted correctly.

List price for the front facing dashcam is £279; for front and rear facing £359 (for a RAV4 HEV).

• Like 1

Wow Philip, never on my watch sir. Is this plus the VAT?

From your post "there's no issue surrounding warranty and it's obvious who's at fault if it isn't fitted correctly" and what warranty issues are you expecting, these are completely none intrusive to the rest of the car🤔

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J2024IE said:

i use the Garmin dashcams, with USB battery for park mode.

if i want to use park mode, i just move the usb cable for the dashcam over to the usb battery.

Good thinking. So it's a powerbank?

4 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Good thinking. So it's a powerbank?

yeah 20,000 mah power bank could power the Dashcam for days , no chance of draining the 12v Battery. it has 3 usb ports so could power 3 devices.   i use 256gb sd cards in the dashcams

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 3:28 PM, Nick72 said:

Interested. Which model?

How long does the park mode battery last? And where is the battery positioned?

It's the Nextbase 380 - I'm not sure howling the Battery last - I think it sleeps unless their is motion/a bump... If you take the front cam down you will see there is a Battery cover panel o  the flat surface that faces the window mount - if there isn't a Battery in it already they are £20 from Nextbase

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dkp001 said:

It's the nextbase 380 - I'm not sure howling the battery last - I think it sleeps unless their is motion/a bump... If you take the front cam down you will see there is a battery cover panel o  the flat surface that faces the window mount - if there isn't a battery in it already they are £20 from nextbase. 

Cheers

Or just see if the blue light is on solid with the ignition - that means the internal Battery is charging. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links