Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota (ABB) Wall Charger

Kopper Bopper

Has anyone been having problems with their Toyota Wall Charger ? (ABB from Hive)

since its been installed had nothing but problems with it tried all different settings on car and within the App 

sometimes it will charge but most of the time its failing. So I'm left to either charge with the slow charger or go to a public one 20 miles away 

when you plug it in , it says its connected you authorise it over ride the delay timer and it wont charge at first we thought it was the car and its been in and checked out and no faults are shown up  

so we assume its a faulty charger ? but having said that i do remember the day it was installed as my car was in getting its recall update the installer had problems with it shown anything up on his tester he just put it down to the software still installing   

So took it to public charger today and it charge fine 

so after shopping etc got home had 84% thought I would try the wall charger and it worked 

Toyota have asked Hive to come and check it out I've already had an email from Hive to please contact Toyota for help?

so I sent a snotty reply back to Hive saying if you checked it was Toyota that asked for the call out and not me!

now I've been told i will have to wait for the first available appointment??   it took 8 weeks for them to install it in the first place 

UPDATE !

just had an email this afternoon from HIVE the earliest they have someone come and look at the charger is 3 weeks away on the 9th October 

baring in mind it took 7 weeks for them to install it and its never really worked from that day 

so anyone thinking of getting a charger from HIVE/BRITISH GAS stay well clear (Toyota's own wall charger made by ABB)  

Sounds like I dodged a bullet there. I didn't go with the complimentary charger and installed a Zappi instead. It's supported by Octopus, which gives 7p per kWh overnight, and for more qualifying hours than most suppliers.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 3:24 PM, Kopper Bopper said:

UPDATE !

just had an email this afternoon from HIVE the earliest they have someone come and look at the charger is 3 weeks away on the 9th October 

baring in mind it took 7 weeks for them to install it and its never really worked from that day 

so anyone thinking of getting a charger from HIVE/BRITISH GAS stay well clear (Toyota's own wall charger made by ABB)  

I took the Toyota wall charger offer a couple of weeks ago. I was warned at the dealership it could take 8 weeks. So will keep my fingers crossed!

BG did come back to me asking for more photos, but nothing since so I guess I'm now in a queue.

I picked up my car Monday and the Toyota sales guy asked me to provide feedback about BG as the dealers are aware that the install/process is not going as smooth as it should.

I'm with Octopus and they don't support smart scheduling with the ABB charger as it stands. Wish I had realised this earlier. So the Toyota in-car or app scheduling is the only option for me - (once Octopus sort out the smart meter readings!🙄)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links