Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeaky Yaris Cross

Nougatwhale

My 2024 Yaris Cross has developed a persistent squeak/creak from Column Three (rear behind driver's side). Toyota seem to be aware of it (a mechanic has told me there is an internal bulletin which talks about two plates not being welded correctly) but seems to have no enthusiasm to acknowledge it and address it. Has any other Yaris Cross owner encountered this and perhaps got a resolution?

• Sad 5

How old and mileage? A call to customer services straight away would be my thought if dealer not responding. Did he give any info on bulletin details, number etc?

I’ve got the same thing on the regular MK4 Yaris. It’s audible when going over uneven surfaces - same location. So far the technicians just acted like it’s not there but it feels like it’s getting more pronounced. Will try to take it in soon. In addition there is some sort of a rattle - plastic or similar from the same location. Best heard from the passengers side (across the car).

• Sad 1

These squeaky sound  if indeed are the metal panels moving while the body is flexing it is a very serious problem, it’s a structural defect that can lead to vehicle been unsafe to be on the road. 
Push your dealer to investigate and fix it asap. Talk to Toyota head office 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thanks All. The car is 8 months old and has done 5000 miles. The Technical Support Bulletin Number (which only Hayes appears to be aware of) is BO-00871T-TME. The car is fantastic in every respect except the perpetual squeak/creak which I am coping with after downloading a white noise App. As you might expect Toyota HQ is in denial and acting as if this kind of problem could not possibly exist in a new Yaris. Toyota Hayes did assure me that "the internal bulletin says there is no safety issue" and presumably if there was we would be in recall territory. All HQ does is pass me to a local dealer (Eagells, Watford) and say they will get back to me - they did not. On calling Watford, despite their website saying they have a Body Shop "that only deals with paint repairs" so I would have to take the car to Milton Keynes, some 40 miles distant up the M1 for an investigation. Presumably they'd expect me to take the train back and forth afterwards. So now trying the "nice people to do business with" dealership in Isleworth to see whether that brings any progress. To be continued......

• Like 1

Get a case number with customer support and nag them repeatedly until you get something. It's not the best way but had a poor experience and that was the only way to get anything moving.

I know you have to deal with the dealer but if they're not responding it's a bad reflection on Toyota. They are Toyota as far as you're concerned. Writing to the dealer principal may also be necessary.

On 9/13/2024 at 11:52 PM, Mareks said:

I’ve got the same thing on the regular MK4 Yaris. It’s audible when going over uneven surfaces - same location. So far the technicians just acted like it’s not there but it feels like it’s getting more pronounced. Will try to take it in soon. In addition there is some sort of a rattle - plastic or similar from the same location. Best heard from the passengers side (across the car).

Took the car in to the dealer again. We drove around for a bit but of course the noise was barely audible when the technician was present 😄

They raised the car, checked all common spots, everything looked good.
Since the noise appears to come from the inside, I pointed out the rear pillar. They took away the plastic cover and yep - a loose bolt. That was the whole issue. Tightened it and now there’s no noise. 

I showed them the recording from the original post, they said that it sounds exactly like a bad bushing. Just sharing, in case that helps.

But I would suggest to also remove the rear plastic. The ones that’s on the side of the boot. That’s where the loose part was.  

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links