Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12 volt battery

Stevesten

22 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

No, no cameras for me. I drive as much as taxis does  or even more and I do not need a cameras. The reason is simple. Do whatever you do but make sure you don’t need to record anything and if an accident happens, then happened, that’s why we have insurance. And those who feel the need of recording everything they knowingly or unknowingly push themselves into a trouble to justifying their recording equipment and associated cost. 
Drive new and modern does not need to very different from driving old school. Be smart and stay safe . No need to record anything. 👍

I can empathise, for sure. The fact that these things even serve a purpose is a sad reflection of the state of modern society. But they do. The reason I choose not to use one myself is very simple: I don't particularly want everything I do being recorded by someone, therefore I cannot reasonably drive round doing that exact thing. It would be a level of hypocrisy that I'm not prepared to lower myself to.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

I don't particularly want everything I do being recorded by someone

I hope you don't use the smartphone then 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, hind said:

I hope you don't use the smartphone then 😛 

Especially if using Chrome as your browser 😉 

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2024 at 9:46 AM, dash said:

Keep your keys in a Faraday box if you normally keep them close to the car (within 3m). The 12V battery suffers a 0.2V drop when the car detects the keys.

…. and before you know it the voltage has dropped to 11.8V before even starting the car (anyone know what the threshold is before the system says ‘no’)

IMG_3032.thumb.jpeg.998d7ad00cfd329b8027769b6e0139be.jpeg

• Like 2

Both of our cars came with dashams fitted by Toyota.  I have no problem with them.

Both have park mode turned off.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2024 at 6:15 PM, Ann Goddard said:

It defeats me how a reputable car company can provide a vehicle which just randomly stops. There is no warning light that the problem is the 12V. You can't even open the damn door. They need to seriously rethink the design before it seriously damages their reputation. I was recommended to buy a trickle charger. I object to doing this for such an expensive car. Hyundai apparently has a switch so you can charge 12V. 

All cars will have problems, no matter what the make.  Vehicles are so complex nowadays, it doesn't take much

to cause a problem. Strange that your car should stop when you are driving though.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links