Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota IQ Engine oil

abdulrashid337

Hi folks 

my 1.3 IQ 2010 is due for service been round to my local garage. The mechanic has advised that I get all the parts needed for service that includes cabin filter oil filter spark plugs which I have brought from Toyota today but to my shock the engine oil is expensive from Toyota main dealership at £21 per litre of 0w20 My jaw dropped and I’m like what the f🤬….

Went back to my mechanic he said using 5W30 fully synthetic is fine is this true or would that oil cause issues for the engine?? need you guys to help me out please 🙏🏼 Anyhelp?

kind regards folks❤️

IMG_9636.jpeg

You can safely use equivalents as long as you don't mix them with the existing oil (unless they are the very same type). Take the viscosity recommended by the mechanic. 

From the IQ's manual:

image.thumb.png.73169738af730ab20ce0177f68e1207a.png

0W-20 is Toyota's preferred oil for your car.

You don't have to buy Toyota branded oil - you can get other brands to high API specs for less. The API grade needs to be SL, SM, SN (with SN being the highest spec).

E.g. https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-650-0w20-engine-oil.aspx?

Some members have used Petronas 0W20 and this has been OK.

Have a look at Amazon, Carparts4u, etc.

• Like 2

Wow prices have gone up since I last bought Toyota oil. I've used ehybrid before on eBay, they sell all genuine parts. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383518941283

I tend to use oil from lubetech now on my cars and never had an issue. Great prices too.

https://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/product/optima-fs-0w20-fully-synthetic-engine-oil-honda-toyota-mazda-suzuki-ilsac-gf-5/

5w30 is cheaper but I always try and stick to what they recommend.

0w-20 is THE oil for this car. It enables easy starting in Winter. I wouldn't put 5w-30 in it.

As @FROSTYBALLS said a few days ago, Petronas is good and you can get 5L for under £40.

On 9/12/2024 at 5:21 PM, abdulrashid337 said:

Went back to my mechanic he said using 5W30 fully synthetic is fine is this true or would that oil cause issues for the engine?? need you guys to help me out please 🙏🏼 Anyhelp?

It will cause no issues. As you can see from the car's manual, both 5w30 and 0w20 are recommended (with the latter marked as 'preferred').  If anything, you may notice a slight drop in fuel economy in colder weather. But chances are you won't even notice that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links