Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New GRS PHEV... Everything working and then...

Nick72

At 20:33 I had an App message to say your car has successfully been removed from My Toyota. Random. I did not do this. I was watching telly knocking back a pineapple and kola nut rum n coke. 

Now everything has been reset and I have to start from scratch setting everything up again. Just confirmed at the car on the drive.

This is some kind of dealership thing as they arent very competent at my dealership.

This makes me really very very angry.

How can this happen?

*** Couldn't find an incredible hulk icon but if there was one I'd put it here *** 🤣

Edited by Nick72
Calmed down. Removed bad language.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

At 20:33 I had an App message to say your car has successfully been removed from My Toyota. Random. I did not do this. I was watching telly knocking back a pineapple and kola nut rum n coke. 

Now everything has been reset and I have to start from scratch setting everything up again. Just confirmed at the car on the drive.

This is some kind of dealership thing as they arent very competent at my dealership.

How can this happen?

*** Couldn't find an incredible hulk icon but if there was one I'd put it here *** 🤣

did an  an OTA update happen?  not long after i got my Rav4 , one morning I discovered that the Rav was no longer signed into my my-t account, and I had to login again on the multimedia screen, and setup my phone again. 

also quite frequently when I turn it on, it goes to guest mode, blue screen i have to accept the terms, then when screen loads select my profile under settings. I find that if I put my phone to airplane mode and then back to normal mode before turning on the Rav, it happens a lot less.

• Sad 1

Sadly this is so typical of Toyota UK - just rubbish at software implementation from  a user satisfaction stand point. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J2024IE said:

did an  an OTA update happen?  not long after i got my Rav4 , one morning I discovered that the Rav was no longer signed into my my-t account, and I had to login again on the multimedia screen, and setup my phone again. 

also quite frequently when I turn it on, it goes to guest mode, blue screen i have to accept the terms, then when screen loads select my profile under settings. I find that if I put my phone to airplane mode and then back to normal mode before turning on the Rav, it happens a lot less.

That might just be it.

The DCM connection icon at the top has been showing it was downloading something since I set everything up. 

As Ernie says, this is just poor software implementation. Not unique to Toyota and none of them are in the Tesla league. 

I've not had the guest problem yet but we'll see when I set everything up again. 🤦

8 hours ago, J2024IE said:

I wonder if it pulls our profiles from the Toyota server using the DCM? Which would be totally daft but in the realms of probability for Toyota. No good data connection equals no profile loaded? Did you have good DCM signal strength each time it went into guest mode?

Not sure if it's related but just got in mine this morning and had to re sync/pair my account with the car... always when you are in a hurry so travelled as a guest....

12 hours ago, Nick72 said:

How can this happen?

• Sad 1

How can this happen?

No help but love the sound of the pineapple kola nut rum & and coke 🍍

• Like 1

This is some kind of dealership thing

I'm pretty sure that happened to me - but that was four years ago now! Somebody at the dealership "removed my old car" and took out the new one by mistake ... 😉 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olympicswimmer said:

No help but love the sound of the pineapple kola nut rum & and coke 🍍

I'm reliving 1989. 😂

Duppy Share Spiced. It's not very spiced which I prefer. 

4 hours ago, philip42h said:

I'm pretty sure that happened to me - but that was four years ago now! Somebody at the dealership "removed my old car" and took out the new one by mistake ... 😉 

Quite likely what happened in my case. 

Having whinged about it though, set up of the new car was a lot easier and quicker than the old one. I just had to download the App and point my phone camera at the QR code on the Infotainment display. Although after my car was removed that option didn't work and I had to do it by entering VIN number, sitting in the car, switching on and off, giving the mileage etc. Then setting up all the customisation again.

Hoping this is now the last of it.

I was expecting to have to work out which infotainment display I had from the half dozen that looks the same and then to manually register it.

15 hours ago, Nick72 said:

I wonder if it pulls our profiles from the Toyota server using the DCM? Which would be totally daft but in the realms of probability for Toyota. No good data connection equals no profile loaded? Did you have good DCM signal strength each time it went into guest mode?

not sure.  it went to guest mode on power on, had to accept the terms. then when i got to the main screen i went to settings, and selected me as the driver, and it loaded all the settings. 

• Like 1

Grrrrrtttt grrrrrtttt **** turning green **** grrrrr hrrrrrdhhhhhhh

Ok, I'm now actually the incredible Hulk. Yet again I have to go through the whole registration and set up process this morning.

Turned car, welcome. Not really, this is deja vu for the 3rd time

F F S.

51 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Grrrrrtttt grrrrrtttt **** turning green **** grrrrr hrrrrrdhhhhhhh

Ok, I'm now actually the incredible Hulk. Yet again I have to go through the whole registration and set up process this morning.

Turned car, welcome. Not really, this is deja vu for the 3rd time

F F S.

I feel for you...not just Toyota but most car companies cannot get the software sorted on modern cars.

VW took the software in house and made it even worse.

I can buy an Android/Apple phone or laptop for a few hundred pounds and it will do far more than my car will and never goes wrong.

• Haha 1

It's getting silly now. Had to go through the process again for the 7th time. 3 times in the last 2 hours. 

On 9/13/2024 at 9:15 AM, dkp001 said:

Not sure if it's related but just got in mine this morning and had to re sync/pair my account with the car... always when you are in a hurry so travelled as a guest....

Did you manage to get yours sorted matey?

Mine has done it 7 times so far. Randomly. To set it up again I have to remove my car from the myT app then go through the QR scanning process, set the phone up again, etc. 

Do you think it's bluetooth and phone related? I'm using a Samsung S24U. I note that personalisation is triggered by the bluetooth connection to your phone. 

It's now driving me crazy. Will be having a dealer conversation first thing Monday AM.

🤦 So frustrating.

on the Corolla i used to get the profile could not be loaded error.  have not seen that on the Rav4.  again today i got the login as guest and to accept the terms again,  but its easy when screen loads to select the correct profile and it loads the settings. 

I discovered today,  if you have the volume on the multimedia system down to 0, then the Rav4 is totally silent, and visual only alerts when you go over speed.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, J2024IE said:

on the Corolla i used to get the profile could not be loaded error.  have not seen that on the Rav4.  again today i got the login as guest and to accept the terms again,  but its easy when screen loads to select the correct profile and it loads the settings. 

I discovered today,  if you have the volume on the multimedia system down to 0, then the Rav4 is totally silent, and visual only alerts when you go over speed.  

Yeh I get the whole start again thing. I have to select English language, do the QR code thing, etc. Re register. Agree to all the terms etc. 

I've been scouring forums and YouTube and have a list of things to try tomorrow...

1. Set the ID device to key fob instead of phone.

2. See if the My Toyota App needs to be open and screen unlocked at car start.

3. Once my profile is set up again to log out and in as guest. Then select my profile again.

4. Try setting up a PIN in the settings for my profile.

5. Try a different approach to re registering involving my garage and connecting multimedia system. 

Etc.

Hopefully one of these is going to work.

I had hoped that after 3 or 4 years of this car they might have sorted this kind of stuff out. I seem to recall shannigans with the last RAV 3 years ago.

That's a great discovery on the audible above speed warnings! 

Update...

So far so good but sure which it is yet that fixed it...

Set it all up again, my profile working, then logged out and in as guest. Then selected my profile and it asked me for my My T account details, email address and password. Never had it asked me for these. Logged in successfully. 

I've been on 4 drives today and it just works each time.

But... Each time my phone was plugged into the USB BEFORE starting the car. I just realised now.

So either, you got to go through the process mentioned (I found that on a US YouTube video), and or, your phone must be plugged in.

Easy to test which it is and whether there's a dependency on the phone being plugged in but I haven't got around to it just now.

Main thing is it seems to be working so far. 

Famous last words of course.

Is there an issue with the bluetooth connection maybe? 
I certainly don't have to plug my phone (Samsung S22) in before driving off, as long as bluetooth is enabled (which does the start-up handshaking bit when the car is powered up). 
If I have bluetooth turned off, I'm forced to accept T&Cs etc. and things don't work properly, until I plug phone in and it 'sees' its me again. 

Certainly not had any of these issues, but most of the setup was done by my dealer. On first entry he had me scan the QR, then accept the T&C's and its not been an issue since. 
Could there be a 'remember settings' tickbox that is disabled by default? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, P_J said:

Is there an issue with the bluetooth connection maybe? 
I certainly don't have to plug my phone (samsung S22) in before driving off, as long as bluetooth is enabled (which does the start-up handshaking bit when the car is powered up). 
If I have bluetooth turned off, I'm forced to accept T&Cs etc. and things don't work properly, until I plug phone in and it 'sees' its me again. 

Certainly not had any of these issues, but most of the setup was done by my dealer. On first entry he had me scan the QR, then accept the T&C's and its not been an issue since. 
Could there be a 'remember settings' tickbox that is disabled by default? 

I think it either forgetting me because of something I've done wrong or the dealer has done it not done in the process, or, it's a bluetooth handshake thing. 

I'm on an S24U and it's fine with every other bluetooth device. Car multimedia is saved as a connection. bluetooth always on. 

Not tried it today as I'm WFH. But will try tonight. 🤞

Also, did you fully remove the MyT app? 
I just read that you had it on your old RAV, and wondered if its trying to overwrite your old profile somehow?? (long shot I know...)

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 6:08 PM, Nick72 said:

Did you manage to get yours sorted matey?

Mine has done it 7 times so far. Randomly. To set it up again I have to remove my car from the myT app then go through the QR scanning process, set the phone up again, etc. 

Do you think it's Bluetooth and phone related? I'm using a Samsung S24U. I note that personalisation is triggered by the Bluetooth connection to your phone. 

It's now driving me crazy. Will be having a dealer conversation first thing Monday AM.

🤦 So frustrating.

It only happened once - it's been fine since (Samsung S23)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, P_J said:

Also, did you fully remove the MyT app? 
I just read that you had it on your old RAV, and wondered if its trying to overwrite your old profile somehow?? (long shot I know...)

Well I removed the old car from the App but I can't recall if I deleted the App and reinstalled the App. This will be my next go to if I'm still having issues. Toyota does brilliant engineering just not so much on their user software.

So far so good.

• Like 1

Still working 😍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links