Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New GRS PHEV... Everything working and then...

Nick72

you can change the linked device to the key instead of phone. I got the guest mode again today, so i am going to try and switch to the key to use as the linked device instead of the phone.

today rav4 went to the guest mode, and i had to accept terms and continue, then screen loaded and continued to play the last song that was playing on Apple music carplay.. then i went to settings and selected my profile, and it loaded it fine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J2024IE said:

you can change the linked device to the key instead of phone. I got the guest mode again today, so i am going to try and switch to the key to use as the linked device instead of the phone.

today rav4 went to the guest mode, and i had to accept terms and continue, then screen loaded and continued to play the last song that was playing on apple music carplay.. then i went to settings and selected my profile, and it loaded it fine.

So I tried to set the key up as the profile device but it was nowhere to be found following the online instructions. They didn't match up. So I assume something different has been done in the USA and that's what the instructions were to do with.

If you find out how please let us know.

I am hoping that when I was signed in properly then signed out into guest mode to then sign back in by entering email and password on the Infotainment screen. For my my T account that this has sorted it out once and for all. But I really don't want my profile loading up being dependent on my phone. It's daft. Just make it the frickin key.

3 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

So I tried to set the key up as the profile device but it was nowhere to be found following the online instructions. They didn't match up. So I assume something different has been done in the USA and that's what the instructions were to do with.

If you find out how please let us know.

I am hoping that when I was signed in properly then signed out into guest mode to then sign back in by entering email and password on the Infotainment screen. For my my T account that this has sorted it out once and for all. But I really don't want my profile loading up being dependent on my phone. It's daft. Just make it the frickin key.

i saw the option today on screen, go to settings, profile then when you are in your profile settings, there is a link that says change linked device.

i wil try this tomorrow,  i think it would work better with the key as linked device.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, J2024IE said:

i saw the option today on screen, go to settings, profile then when you are in your profile settings, there is a link that says change linked device.

i wil try this tomorrow,  i think it would work better with the key as linked device.

Thsnks. I think I've tried that but there was only the phone showing as a linked device and no key fob option.

If you succeed please do let us know as I'll follow suit. 

It's still working.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links