Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing MyT account

PAISLEY1903

I ordered a car for my wife using my email and its appeared in myT app under "ordered".

Anyone know how to unlink it? Is it as simple as A) tell dealer to change email address and create a myT account with that email or B) once receive car and moves to my car section just delete it and add it to my wife's?

Does this affect anything in connection services or overthinking it. 

I've actually done the reverse 🤣 I/Dealer used my normal communications email address rather than the one that my existing MyT account was registered to. So I now have an account for my existing car & had to create a new MyT account for the car that's on order!

I would set up a new MyT account for the Mrs anyway & then perhaps see if you can add the order to it (you will have the order no. from your existing account). If that doesn't work just ask the dealer  (& I know who we are talking about 🙄) to change the email linked.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

I've actually done the reverse 🤣 I/Dealer used my normal communications email address rather than the one that my existing MyT account was registered to. So I now have an account for my existing car & had to create a new MyT account for the car that's on order!

I would set up a new MyT account for the Mrs anyway & then perhaps see if you can add the order to it (you will have the order no. from your existing account). If that doesn't work just ask the dealer  (& I know who we are talking about 🙄) to change the email linked.

Aw man this is gonna be a saga. I just know it is....  🤣

• Haha 1

Topic moved to the Toyota MyT/Toyota Apps forum.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links