Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius 2016 free map update version

birdseye

Has anyone downloaded the free one available on your Toyota owners customer portal ? if so what map version is it?  Obviously not very recent as 2024 map costs £122 but mine still has the 2016v2 map version 

I have followed instruction to register my cars device ID, downloaded the file and put onto USB and inserted it in the slot but the car does not recognise it. I must be doing something wrong

I’d be very interested if there is a free map update because I’ve not updated my maps for a few years now, basically because for the number of times I ever use the maps for navigation it’s not been worth the cost. 

22 minutes ago, BhxTrev said:

I’d be very interested if there is a free map update because I’ve not updated my maps for a few years now, basically because for the number of times I ever use the maps for navigation it’s not been worth the cost. 

There is definitely a free map, you have to register your Multimedia Device ID first and instructions are given for this but you can find it easily sitting in the car

1 hour ago, birdseye said:

I followed the instructions to register my car's device ID, downloaded the file, put it onto a USB, and inserted it in the slot but the car did not recognise it.

I seem to remember that the USB should be no larger than 32 GB and formatted as FAT32.  Could that be the issue here?

It is 32Gb  and it's exFAT and no option to reformat as FAT, exFAT is the more modern version it seems so I'm stuck as to why it won't read it

7 minutes ago, Joseph D said:

Well if it wants FAT32 and you feed it exFAT then it is not going to work.

How to Format a USB Drive to FAT32 on Windows 11 or Windows 10

I already discovered there is no option to restore to FAT32 as the only choice is either exFAT or NTFS

Just checked all my USB's and only one I have owned for years will allow FAT32 formatting but it's only 3Gb, there must be a way to force FAT32 in the registry

Partition the 32gb into two 16gb or 24/8gb split and windows should give you a fat formating option from the dropdown. 

exfat and ntfs dont cut it with the mm17/mm19/mm20 units fitted to the gen4

I have just found another USB of lower capacity which is FAT32, so copied stuff I needed to a desktop folder and formatted it. Then extracted the files onto it and went outside to the car and plugged it in and it worked!. First you get a short animation of two packages then a message saying update discovered etc. The option to untick all the other countries is there as I only want UK. I will do it in the morning as I don't fancy sitting in the for an hour at 10 oclock

14 minutes ago, birdseye said:

The option to untick all the other countries is there as I only want UK. I will do it in the morning as I don't fancy sitting in the for an hour at 10 oclock

If you untick the other countries it will do it much, much faster.

I've just done the install, unticking all the rest of Europe and leaving just UK, it took just 10 minutes and you then get asked to remove the USB

It still says I have 2016v2 but software version 6.8.1 so until I drive around I don't know if much is different, a speed camera was installed nearby 5 years ago so will be interesting to see if it beeps a warning. I think somehow think it won't .

BhxTrev   can you check the software version on your car as it's same year as mine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links