Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No posts?

trashman1965

Same gymnastics are required to replace the Toyota iQ filter !!
Thankfully a lot, lot easier on the Yaris.

Edit: The video I was referencing has been deleted 🙄

• Like 2

At first I thought he was just going to take out the glovebox drawer like we do as the cabin filter is behind it, but then he unscrews the whole glovebox mount!

And then shows that the cabin filter isn't even behind it, but in the footwell!?

Why did he do that!? :confused1:

Edit: Nevermind, was replying to the video yaris cross just deleted :laugh: 

• Like 1

My bad i posted in the wrong forum its a Corsa pollen filter.

Why did he do that!? 

Very little room to work with the glove box in place he struggles to get the filter back in even with it out.

• Like 2

No worries, it's always fun to see what 'the other side' is like from time to time :laugh: 

I thought you were comparing what it was like in the Corsa!

• Like 1

I learned to drive in a BSM Corsa! :laugh: 

I wanted one for my first car (Because you generally want something familiar when you're learning to drive) but even my instructor didn't recommend it :laugh: 

Unfortunately I went and got a 1.3L Fiesta instead (The wrong one as it turned out, but how was I supposed to know the 1.2 had twice the HP of the 1.3?!?! :eek:  :laugh: ), and thought that was just how cars were until I got the best small car ever made: The Mk1 Yaris D4D :wub: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I wanted one for my first car (Because you generally want something familiar when you're learning to drive) but even my instructor didn't recommend it

I liked the looks of my  3 door 1.2 petrol SXI but it only having 3 doors soon got on my nerves having had the 5 door before it the sport suspension and bigger wheels also made the ride way too harsh on our rubbish potholed roads.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yaris_Cross said:

I liked the looks of my  3 door 1.2 petrol SXI but it only having 3 doors soon got on my nerves having had the 5 door before it the sport suspension and bigger wheels also made the ride way too harsh on our rubbish potholed roads.

You can imagine my delight when i drove my Yaris for the first time  people say they are noisy believe it was like driving a Rolls Royse compered to the SXI.

• Haha 3

On 9/13/2024 at 7:54 PM, Tommy X said:

All the 12V battery issues have dried up 😉

There’s also not been a detailed 5-7 page pros and cons off using e5-over e10 for a good 2 months 

• Haha 3

Talking of noisy Vauxhall's remined me of my first car, Vauxhall Chevette 2 door, yes it was slow and noisy, very noisy at motorway speeds, but it was rust free and very reliable in time I owned it, which was big plus back in the early/mid 80s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puglet said:

Talking of noisy Vauxhall's remined me of my first car, Vauxhall Chevette 2 door,

Reminds me of an old joke -

Q - Why did the Chevette have a heated rear window?

A - So you could keep your hands warm in winter when you were pushing it.  😄

Did you know it was renamed the Vauxhall Chevette Shoveit by owners. 😉

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I remember one of the lads at tech college had a newish HC viva 1800 in the days when being a young lad having a bigger engine meant everything.

If I remember right,he had monied parents.

Me, I had a HA Viva the third trip to Germany on the auf weidersehen circuit in 1980.

It was 16 years old at the time, and reliable as a swiss watch,a bit rusty but held together for many thousands of miles.

I also had a Carlton in the 90s ,a very well built car, German I think, I reckon that the 60s to the 90s was the heyday of vauxhall cars.

Sadly like them all, they just have to "improve" things.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Sadly like them all, they just have to "improve" things.

I blame computers they belong in offices not cars 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

I also had a Carlton in the 90s

Vauxhall or Lotus...? :naughty: :laugh: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yaris_Cross said:

I blame computers they belong in offices not cars 😉

Yeah I have enough worry about physical car crashes, I don't need to worry about the car computer software crashing too! :eek: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cyker said:

Vauxhall or Lotus...? :naughty: :laugh: 

Ooh yeah, I wish.

I did put a lotus plastic sticker on the back of the Anglia though, which made it a lot faster, and handle better too.

No lotus, just the standard 2.0 petrol, but seemed to have plenty of power, even though a largish car.

Only thing I remember wearing out was the blower motor, which after a visit to the local autoelectrician known as "sparky Jim's rip off centre", and a quote of hundreds of £s as " the dashboard would have to be removed".

I found one at the scrapyard for a fiver, and it was a bit fiddly to get out and in, but no dash removal all, and a couple of hours later all done.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links