Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV: not happy about the ultra short service intervals

Nick72

Forgot to post this earlier on in the week.

I've only just got the car and after 58 miles it already needs a service? What is this? An AMG? 😂

Serious note, any other GRS owners stuck with this message on MyT?

Screenshot_20240914_123604_MyToyota.jpg

58 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

I've only just got the car and after 58 miles it already needs a service? What is this? An AMG? 😂

Silly boy ... it's telling you that you've done 58 miles and that your next service is due at 10,000 miles. 😉

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Silly boy ... it's telling you that you've done 58 miles and that your next service is due at 10,000 miles. 😉

Why does it say maintenance is due today? 😉

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

Why does it say maintenance is due today? 😉

I see what you mean ... have they recorded the PDI in the Service History? It could be saying that the PDI is 58 miles overdue ...

Edit: Mine starts with a "Vehicle Delivery" service ...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, philip42h said:

I see what you mean ... have they recorded the PDI in the Service History? It could be saying that the PDI is 58 miles overdue ...

Edit: Mine starts with a "Vehicle Delivery" service ...

Not unsure but judging by the number of times I've had to restart setting things up again anything is possible 🤦

The App 'merely' displays information from the vehicle service record. So, mine now says service due in 362 days - which is correct given that it was serviced last Tuesday. But it may well have taken a day or three to catch-up while the service details were being added to the "system".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The App 'merely' displays information from the vehicle service record. So, mine now says service due in 362 days - which is correct given that it was serviced last Tuesday. But it may well have taken a day or three to catch-up while the service details were being added to the "system".

Expecting another back to the start before next week is out. My car has been removed from the App and had to set up everything on the car from scratch 3 or 4 times so far this week. Hope they can just sort it soon. 🙏

My app has never successfully recorded a service, which is quite annoying. Although I am assured by the dealership that the Toyota database has recorded me having had services, so I can only assume the dealership is supposed to log something seperately in order for the app to display properly. 

What is weird and runs somewhat counter to that logic, is that both of the "complimentary" 'hybrid health check' have been recorded on the app... 🤷

• Like 1

I have a full service history visible via the app. Each annual service is recorded as both Maintenance and Hybrid Health check, and there are entries for every other time the car has been back to the dealer.

So, as far as I can tell, the App is working just fine. The question then is whether all dealerships are as conscientious in updating the service record as mine is ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

I have a full service history visible via the app. Each annual service is recorded as both Maintenance and Hybrid Health check, and there are entries for every other time the car has been back to the dealer.

So, as far as I can tell, the App is working just fine. The question then is whether all dealerships are as conscientious in updating the service record as mine is ...

Could be my shockingly poor dealer. Likely the reason why I keep having to the car up time and time again. 7th time just now.

6 hours ago, Nick72 said:

If its any consolation my app says the same

• Sad 1

Well at least I'm not alone, thanks each. Toyota software engineering. If only their software was as good as their electro mechanical systems.

43 minutes ago, Bozz said:

If its any consolation my app says the same

Are you guys also having issues with your profile not signing in from your phone on the car? Intermittently works and when it fails I end up starting from scratch again to set things up again. Painful. Happened 7 times now in under a week.

35 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Are you guys also having issues with your profile not signing in from your phone on the car? Intermittently works and when it fails I end up starting from scratch again to set things up again. Painful. Happened 7 times now in under a week.

Actually next service now reset to 10k miles as expected.

And no issues with phone signing into the car - all happens seamlessly every time.

Only issue is that any music playing doesn't mute when a phone call or message is being received or made. No problem with this in the Corolla. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bozz said:

Actually next service now reset to 10k miles as expected.

And no issues with phone signing into the car - all happens seamlessly every time.

Only issue is that any music playing doesn't mute when a phone call or message is being received or made. No problem with this in the Corolla. Any thoughts?

Ah I wonder if it takes a few days or a week or so for Toyota's systems to catch up?

my app does not show when next service is due, the only option i get is to schedule a service.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, J2024IE said:

my app does not show when next service is due, the only option i get is to schedule a service.

Is that because the 'card' is hidden? There's a manage cards option in the App. 

2 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Is that because the 'card' is hidden? There's a manage cards option in the App. 

no cards hidden, service and maintenance showing as visible.

probably wont need it, might change again next summer.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 9:36 PM, Nick72 said:

Ah I wonder if it takes a few days or a week or so for Toyota's systems to catch up?

I had this too back in April when I got mine. 
Annoyed me, and I mentioned to dealer who seemed unconcerned, and after a week or two corrected itself, as he said it would. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, P_J said:

I had this too back in April when I got mine. 
Annoyed me, and I mentioned to dealer who seemed unconcerned, and after a week or two corrected itself, as he said it would. 

That's not even the IT response of switch it off and back on again. 😂

It's, leave it alone for a while and hope it starts working. 😂

8 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

leave it alone for a while and hope it starts working

That's how my company's IT department work - they've not got to page 2 of the IT support manual yet...😆

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

That's not even the IT response of switch it off and back on again. 😂

It's, leave it alone for a while and hope it starts working. 😂

Mine was like yours initially  - I even removed the tile for a whole as was really annoying me.  It's all correct now though.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links