Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door hinge

sam0056

Hi does anyone know how to change or tighten this driver's door hinge when I open the door it just swings open without any restriction unlike the passenger door which has resistance and stops half way.

PXL_20240914_161233537.jpg

21 hours ago, sam0056 said:

how to change or tighten this driver's door hinge

1 bolt from the frame (on the photo) and 2 bolts from the door (but you should to take off the door panel, because it can be installed only from the inside of the door)

p.s. yes, you can still expand/open it and replace the 2 plastic parts inside, but in my opinion, it is easier to buy a new one

image.thumb.png.b1a5bb1e42780f046e0b362c57b3e0f2.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astronaut said:

1 bolt from the frame (on the photo) and 2 bolts from the door (but you should to take off the door panel, because it can be installed only from the inside of the door)

p.s. yes, you can still expand and replace the 2 plastic parts inside, but in my opinion, it is easier to buy a new one

image.thumb.png.b1a5bb1e42780f046e0b362c57b3e0f2.png

Hi mate thanks so much for the response for this. Is it just the door card like when changing the wing mirror i just pull that off and then easy access to this part? Do you think this will be a main dealer part or can i get from eBay maybe what is this part called.

1 hour ago, sam0056 said:

Hi mate thanks so much for the response for this. Is it just the door card like when changing the wing mirror i just pull that off and then easy access to this part? Do you think this will be a main dealer part or can i get from ebay maybe what is this part called.

You can try to clean it up thoroughly with brake cleaner and brush. Try to clean deep inside the door too. 
It looks like in the silver metal part there will be a ball on spring that moves up and down to get into the grove that eventually slows down the door. 
If you get it cleaned properly, than lube with wd -40 silicone spray you might be able to get it work again. 
If not here is the part number 68610-0D010

https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota&mdf_id=8984&area=EU&cat=116510&blk_id=6701

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

You can try to clean it up thoroughly with brake cleaner and brush. Try to clean deep inside the door too. 
It looks like in the silver metal part there will be a ball on spring that moves up and down to get into the grove that eventually slows down the door. 
If you get it cleaned properly, than lube with wd -40 silicone spray you might be able to get it work again. 
If not here is the part number 68610-0D010

https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota&mdf_id=8984&area=EU&cat=116510&blk_id=6701

Hi again im just about to buy this part and want to double check its right although does look right to me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222552483545?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota|Cars+Year%3A2003|Model%3AYaris%2FVitz&_skw=toyota+yaris+door+check+strap+2003&itmmeta=01J7VTWVYNWPYV48RBHGHZH109&hash=item33d12966d9:g:3ugAAOSw8exmVbrp&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKmzuujanPXx0%2BK0Sj7ldAbC2Jjhb5ytkAg5R0iIR%2BEJQl41RTGkv2t5tZSHlLOm2qp1yYz3HslVUEbok9VvjXxBmzNIP9G1efgJZ1b0JTZ%2Fp4cvF%2BPanyIeA8lua0wbBHF%2FDv8gJmRugMJgW7CnrYnIgtvoYg2MahcbvTfKc%2FADyMUBAppeBc6ipNGkMLteuk637n84s2%2BhPcfcxsqaZ4JQ2H1rcyUn%2B8sAIcBOmxwDss%2Bp8yILz%2BZxfokPv7vfHnhthdnYMjnokcnkBLw4IeqI|tkp%3ABk9SR7a_8_q-ZA

5 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

you need to confirm with the seller. Perhaps it’s the same and it might be a part that fits to many Toyota models but the seller need to compare the numbers . Have you tried to fix your one? 

I don't it's fixable that thing is knackered I'm sure I drive for a living and the car is old already and on top of that I get in and out about 50 times a day. The person sent me a part number which seems accurate because looking at that part in the car it looks exactly same worst case scenario I will return it. The part number given to me matches the part number for this item exactly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sam0056 said:

I don't it's fixable that thing is knackered I'm sure I drive for a living and the car is old already and on top of that I get in and out about 50 times a day. The person sent me a part number which seems accurate because looking at that part in the car it looks exactly same worst case scenario I will return it. The part number given to me matches the part number for this item exactly.

Good, you can do that . 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links