Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Still discovering new hidden features...who knew?

Nick72

At last I can finally get to the large wiper blade! I've struggled for 5 years to clean /replace the blades with the blade facing away from me. Thanks for the tip. The wipers didn't return to park on restart, but using the wiper control re-parked them.

• Like 2

wiper trick worked on my 2024 Yaris Cross.

I'll copy your link there as I'm sure many will find it useful.

Thanks for the info!

Jeff

• Like 3

Good tips. 
Not tried the Mode hold in other listening formats, but it pauses/unpauses the internet radio station App on my Android phone. 
Handy if you can't hold your finger steady enough to hit the equivalent button on your infotainment screen - or its not showing the music app controls. 

Presume if you listened to traditional radio/DAB it would do the mute thing, but not tried that. 

• Like 2

That trick with the windscreen wipers seems to be becoming standard across manufacturers. I remember it worked on my VWs and various other makes too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, P_J said:

Good tips. 
Not tried the Mode hold in other listening formats, but it pauses/unpauses the internet radio station App on my Android phone. 
Handy if you can't hold your finger steady enough to hit the equivalent button on your infotainment screen - or its not showing the music app controls. 

Presume if you listened to traditional radio/DAB it would do the mute thing, but not tried that. 

It has worked on DAB and YouTube music via AA. I did wonder but did not try, to see if it mutes the over speed warnings.

4 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

That trick with the windscreen wipers seems to be becoming standard across manufacturers. I remember it worked on my VWs and various other makes too.

First came accross this feature 20+ years ago when I owned a 2003 built Peugeot 206. 

It used to catch lots of people out at the time as they accidently knocked the wiper stalk getting out the vehicle then the wiper arms would park upright on the screen. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

First came accross this feature 20+ years ago when I owned a 2003 built Peugeot 206. 

It used to catch lots of people out at the time as they accidently knocked the wiper stalk getting out the vehicle then the wiper arms would park upright on the screen. 

I find the French cars very innovative. Sone utterly brilliant features on my 3008 hybrid4 GT 300 PHEV. Like the 3D dual screen Tom Tom, the fold completely flat passenger front seat. Long items and if you just wanted to have your dinner on a desk. Air con cooled glove box for your pane au fromage et jambon. But nothing else actually worked. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know that the French innovated either the fold flat front seat (had in the 90s in Opel/Vauxhalls & they may well not have been first) or the air-cooled glove box.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

I don't know that the French innovated either the fold flat front seat (had in the 90s in Opel/Vauxhalls & they may well not have been first) or the air-cooled glove box.

Ah but was it also a table from which to eat your croissant from when folded flat and did you have a mains plug next to so you also work on your laptop at a service station?

• Haha 1

yes, it had a hard back. It did not have a mains plug next to it but I could have worked from a laptop on Battery (more likely to be in a layby than a service station) or indeed an inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. 😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

yes, it had a hard back. It did not have a mains plug next to it but I could have worked from a laptop on battery (more likely to be in a layby than a service station) or indeed an inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. 😉

I just miss the fact I could get 2.7m pieces of decking in the car and a tree. 😂

My Carlton/Omega estates could internally  take a 10" (3.05m) fly rod made up  ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

I just miss the fact I could get 2.7m pieces of decking in the car and a tree. 😂

That's what sunroofs are for I thought

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links