Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SRS Airbag Toyota Yaris 1999

fena21

I'm currently having issues with the SRS Airbag system in my 1999 Toyota Yaris MK1.

I’ve read the fault codes in the system and found codes 11, 12, 14, 15, 64, and 74. I want to clear these faults, code 64, which I know was caused by me when I accidentally removed a connector. I put the connector back as it was, and the fault code appeared. Before removing the connector, the fault wasn’t present.

I’ve tried disconnecting the car’s Battery for a day and also attempted to clear the codes by jumping the CG and TC terminals according to a procedure shared by MGargano on a separate forum. The procedure is as follows:

"With a jumper, connect the TC and CG terminals on the OBD port.
When the SRS light starts flashing the codes, remove the jumper from TC within 3 to 10 seconds. After 3 seconds, the SRS light will come on solid.
Within 2 to 4 seconds after the SRS light comes on, reconnect the jumper to TC.
The SRS light will go off within 2 to 4 seconds. Once it does, disconnect TC within 2 to 4 seconds.
The SRS light will come on solid again within 2 to 4 seconds. Reconnect the jumper to TC within 2 to 4 seconds.
The SRS light will go off again. One second later, if all DTCs are cleared, the SRS light will flash steadily on and off. If codes are still registered, it will flash in a pattern indicating the stored codes.
"

Note: Clock Spring has been changed, and also connected the airbag before and after it, but still no luck.

Does anyone know which OBD2 scanner I can use to clear these codes? Or has any alternative solutions?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links